• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Analyzing the A's downfall

Hollyw00d

Well There's the problem right there. Why would Beane put so much trust in a guy who has continuously been terrible his last few seasons in the bigs and even minors. I think everybody who has seen Kazmir pitch for us knew that his early performance was not going to last. And finally we got to see Kazmir for the pitcher that he is... A 7 runs before the 3rd type of guy.

Edited by SoCALkid

Well There's the problem right there. Why would Beane put so much trust in a guy who has continuously been terrible his last few seasons in the bigs and even minors. I think everybody who has seen Kazmir pitch for us knew that his early performance was not going to last. And finally we got to see Kazmir for the pitcher that he is... A 7 runs before the 3rd type of guy.

I can't fault BB for signing Kazmir.  He had a decent year with Cleveland in 2013 - 4.00 ERA and 1.32 WHIP a 1 to 1 IP/K ratio.  The A's lost Griffin and Jarrod Parker before the season.

Hey, I think Billy Beane is a genius with respect to Kazmir -- he's been great for them all season into mid-August and now he's dropping off big time -- reminiscent of his sudden 'dead arm' status with the Halos.

what the A's need to do here (may be too little, too late) is pretty much shut down Kazmir as a starter for the rest of this year and if he's signed through next year (not sure what his status is, he's a guy I'd give a ONE year deal and then with incentives, perhaps including some quality incentives for every quality start he pitches after August 15 or something) have him come to ST and see if he can replicate his early season performance of this year.

Kazmir helped the A's get to where they are (were) in mid-August, I can't imagine he cost the A's that much -- this is a classic Billy Beane deal -- and it's been good for them despite Kazmir's recent major troubles late in the season --  but now it's up to the manager -- perhaps with some help from the GM -- to remember prior Kazmir performance collapses and just realize they've gotten all they can get out of him as a starter this season -- now he's long relief / mop up guy for the rest of 2014.......he pitched today and the early report from that game for Kazmir and the A's was not a good one.

but back to the thread -- the Cespedes deal taking the spark plug of the A's offense (and a spark plug that speaks to more than the stats) has directly contributed to the A's tanking.

just as the return of Yadier Molina, five years prior to his anticipated return date when he went out injured, has sparked the revival of the St. Louis Cardinals from a team that had fallen into third place (behind Pittsburgh in the NL Central) on the day when Yadier Molina returned to 3 game St. Louis lead with big series wins over Milwaukee that was a major reason for Milwaukee's slide almost out of contention.........

but back to the thread -- the Cespedes deal taking the spark plug of the A's offense (and a spark plug that speaks to more than the stats) has directly contributed to the A's tanking.

just as the return of Yadier Molina, five years prior to his anticipated return date when he went out injured, has sparked the revival of the St. Louis Cardinals from a team that had fallen into third place (behind Pittsburgh in the NL Central) on the day when Yadier Molina returned to 3 game St. Louis lead with big series wins over Milwaukee that was a major reason for Milwaukee's slide almost out of contention.........

5 years?! Did I miss something?