• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Analyzing the A's downfall

Hollyw00d

Maybe, but that seems to be the biggest part of it. The worst part for Oakland is that Cespedes is likely gone for good, and Lester will be packing his bags for an unknown destination as soon as the last out is recorded in their season. They have traded their biggest offensive threat for a two-month rental in the rotation.

Maybe, but that seems to be the biggest part of it. The worst part for Oakland is that Cespedes is likely gone for good, and Lester will be packing his bags for an unknown destination as soon as the last out is recorded in their season. They have traded their biggest offensive threat for a two-month rental in the rotation.

If he was their biggest offensive threat as you claim .., then they never had a chance offensively.

The A's downfall could be a blessing for them come playoff time. I think everybody's writing them off a little too soon.

I constantly have to remind myself that despite how terrible the As have been in the second half, they are still a potential playoff team.  

That nagging sound in the back of my mind is telling me the As got cold at the best possible time (for them).  I fear an infamous 20-1 As run at some point. Probably starting tomorrow, knowing that f'ing team.

I constantly have to remind myself that despite how terrible the As have been in the second half, they are still a potential playoff team.  

That nagging sound in the back of my mind is telling me the As got cold at the best possible time (for them).  I fear an infamous 20-1 As run at some point. Probably starting tomorrow, knowing that f'ing team.

If we had to face them in ALCS and lost, we didn't deserve to win it all then.

The O's are the team to beat .

It was the Cespedes trade. I know stat geeks will never, never accept this, but sometimes a player brings so-called intangibles to a club. Oakland stunk 4 out of 5 years before, out of nowhere, they made themselves relevant by out-bidding the large market teams for the guy. Suddenly, they become one of the best teams in baseball for 2 2/3 seasons.

If wins and losses are the only things that matter in sports, lets check the scoreboard.

A's win-loss record with Cespedes in the starting lineup

2012 82-46

2013 83-50

2014 63-35

228-131 .635 winning pct.

A's win-loss record without Cespedes in the starting lineup

2012 12-22

2013 13-16

2014 21-34

46-72 .390 winning pct.

They're not even the same team. I don't know why they are better with him than without him. They just are. I was thrilled when they traded a notorious Angels' killer and best clutch hitter. Billy Beane knows more about baseball than I could learn in several lifetimes but he f'd up royally on this one.

The O's remind me -- based on the few times I've watched them -- of the Angels.  Game starts out and it looks like a loss, or the team looks flat.  Somewheres around the 5th - 7th inning the engines turn on and the pitching had been good enough to keep the offense in the game up to that point (tonight's Angel game is obviously a fecal matter example).

The O's remind me -- based on the few times I've watched them -- of the Angels.  Game starts out and it looks like a loss, or the team looks flat.  Somewheres around the 5th - 7th inning the engines turn on and the pitching had been good enough to keep the offense in the game up to that point (tonight's Angel game is obviously a fecal matter example).

You also just described the A's season, until the end of July, except it seemed like the 7th, 8th & 9th innings that the offense would suddenly come to life.