• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That swing...

Corona

That Josh is simply being a fool at the plate. Holland is no wizard of deception and simply threw garbage and Hamilton was happy to oblige by swinging at it. At some point even a dumb redneck starts to get when people are just making fun of him, Josh hasn't reached that point yet.

That Josh is simply being a fool at the plate. Holland is no wizard of deception and simply threw garbage and Hamilton was happy to oblige by swinging at it. At some point even a dumb redneck starts to get when people are just making fun of him, Josh hasn't reached that point yet.

So a line out to RF and a line out to CF on an outside hittable pitch is evidence that Josh is being a fool at the plate? 

A hittable pitch? He swung first pitch at a curveball on the outside of the zone in the 9th when the Angels need baserunners. He swung knowing they are throwing him nothing but outside junk all day. Not even forcing the Rangers to come back to the plate, he went after a ball that he obviously can't handle.

He is being a fool at the plate just as much as he was the last half of last season when he racked up a career high 162 Ks. And that career high was leaps and bounds abovce his previsous seasons, not a few more but about 35% more.

Take off the homer hat and just be honest with what is going on, Hamilton is not putting up good at bats. 

The two pitches he hit line drives on were most definitely hittable pitches, yes. 

I am being honest about what is going on. 

He had no reason to swing at that first offering in the 9th. Or even in his previous at bat after chasing the first pitch in the dirt. He is just swinging at about anything hoping for a blind squirrel hit. You are not being honest, you are making excuses, again, for a player that is out of control at the plate.

He had no reason to swing at that first offering in the 9th. Or even in his previous at bat after chasing the first pitch in the dirt. He is just swinging at about anything hoping for a blind squirrel hit. You are not being honest, you are making excuses, again, for a player that is out of control at the plate.

The two pitches he lined out on were both on the outside of the zone and hittable, and he got good wood on them. I'm not making excuses. You're just being a condescending pr*ck as usual. You just can't help but throw little personal jabs into the discussion.

He hasn't looked very good at the plate so far this year. Calling him a fool is over the top.

He swings at the first pitch MOST of the time.  So, reason or not - it's what he does.  Hamilton will be fine.  He'll still strikeout a lot, but he'll get his hits.  Not worried.

I don't how saying that Josh Hamilton saying ridiculous things will be something you come to expect is "trolling". Just a biased ranger fans opinion of a player who I became very familiar with over the past seasons.

As for being bitter, sure. I just don't appreciate a player who gives up on his team then insults their fans.

I don't how saying that Josh Hamilton saying ridiculous things will be something you come to expect is "trolling". Just a biased ranger fans opinion of a player who I became very familiar with over the past seasons.

As for being bitter, sure. I just don't appreciate a player who gives up on his team then insults their fans.

Independent of anything else in this thread because I don't care that much about that, the idea that he quit on the Rangers is total reactionary, overly dramatic nonsense.

It's the type of poorly crafted inflammatory narrative that pretty much drives sports talk radio because that is a much more interesting story than "Josh Hamilton is really, really struggling to hit baseballs right now"

And I would be saying that whether he was playing for the Angels now or not

Independent of anything else in this thread because I don't care that much about that, the idea that he quit on the Rangers is total reactionary, overly dramatic nonsense.

It's the type of poorly crafted inflammatory narrative that pretty much drives sports talk radio because that is a much more interesting story than "Josh Hamilton is really, really struggling to hit baseballs right now"

And I would be saying that whether he was playing for the Angels now or not

That is fair enough. Again this is just one biased Ranger fans opinion on the subject. Personally having seen him play many many games through success and struggles one thing you could always count on about Josh was that he gave his all. It was almost to a fault...him crashing into walls and wrecking his body....but I respect that. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way and took the good with the bad. Then about halfway through last season it all started to change. He didn't run balls out like used to, his play in the outfield ust seemed lazy. Balls he would usually get to he would let hit and pick them up off the wall. His plate discipline has always been pretty bad, but even at the plate he just seemed like he didn't care. Do I have any hard evidence that says he didn't care and gave up? No. I did see a lot of uninspired play though. Just speaking from what I saw first hand and what I have heard.

Actually go ahead and 'guess' that he was completely rattled dating back to about the middle of June last year. Because this .gif is his 'normal' plate appearance.

In August he had a .943 OPS.

In September he had a .948 OPS.

I think he was just in a bad slump.