• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who gets called up tomorrow?

wopphil

O'Malley, Cron, Navarro, Campana, Shuck, Boesch, Buck, Pestano, Rucinski, Kohn, Bedrosian, Rasmus, Jimenez, Hester, Wheeler, and Wolf are all possibilities. My guess:

Pitchers: Rasmus, Pestano, Kohn, Bedrosian, Rucinski, and maybe Wolf (they'd have to add him on the 40-man) with Roth and Herrera staying along with Thatcher coming back 

Position Players: (With Wolf added) Cron, Navarro, O'Malley, Buck/Hester, Campana, and Shuck. Without Wolf? Cron, Navarro, O'Malley, Buck/Hester, Campana, Shuck, and Boesch

Pestano

Bedrosian

Rasmus

Buck

Campana

Navarro

Those are the sure things

Bubble guys....

Shuck

Boesch

Rucinski

LeBlanc

Wolf

They have one 40-man spot open for Buck. If they bring anyone else they'll have to outright someone. Wolf and LeBlanc only other guys listed not on the 40.

Jeff, have the Angels ever called up more than a few guys in September? You really think they might call up 6 or 7 guys?

Not sure what O'Malley brings that the Angels don't already have. He plays a good shortstop but Aybar, Jonny-Mac, Beckham and Green can all pick it there. He's fast but so are Cowgill, Campana and Shuck.

Anyhow, I can see Green, Cron and Navarro's bat coming in handy. I could see Buck logging some time at catcher, I could see Campana wreaking havoc on the bases and finally Bedrosian, Rasmus and Rucinski soaking up innings to save the bullpen.

Not sure what O'Malley brings that the Angels don't already have. He plays a good shortstop but Aybar, Jonny-Mac, Beckham and Green can all pick it there. He's fast but so are Cowgill, Campana and Shuck.

If you feel O'malley can be your backup MIF/utility guy next year then it is cheaper to keep him at the league minimum than it is to go out and sign a veteran for a mil or two a year.  This could basically be sort of a tryout for O'malley.  

Awesome.

In previous years when the Angels were out of it, it made sense to keep SLC and Ark stocked for their own playoff races. None of that matters when the Angels are leading the division.

Yup. Last year around this time I was completely tuned out of Angel baseball.

It's kinda weird still watching meaningful games in September

Anyhow, I can see Green, Cron and Navarro's bat coming in handy. I could see Buck logging some time at catcher, I could see Campana wreaking havoc on the bases and finally Bedrosian, Rasmus and Rucinski soaking up innings to save the bullpen.

Only one of those four can play handle SS well enough AND has offensive capabilities better than a pitcher; SS depth has been an issue all season.