• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama: "greatest enemy to press freedom in a generation"

"The point I always make is that I'm not sure it's the Obama administration alone, but rather the institutional government that's going to be here no matter which party is in control of the White House," he said.

"They've got new, invasive, and incredibly advanced tools for discovering information. And they're going to exploit those as much as they can. I don't see much animus on the part of the administration or from Obama himself. It's more that the post-9/11 reality seems that they are going to relentlessly pursue every leaks case."

He added: "I say that not to give Obama an excuse but to say that, no matter who's elected next, it's going to continue — unless something is done about it."

This is what I hope everyone realizes. The parties are just 2 sides of the same coin. They want everything done in secret and that more than anything else should scare the shit out of everybody.

Edited by arch stanton

i think there's a troublesome issue here that isn't being addressed. while i think a free press is absolutely necessary, i'm troubled by the way so many members of the modern press do their jobs. we live in a time of reporters doing whatever they think is necessary to get a story - you don't have to look any farther than the most recent major news story to see evidence of these professionals ranting wildly or shoving mics into everyone's grill to get a quote. i think our press behaves recklessly far too often and feels entitled to anything they want, consequences be damned. it's a lot of tabloid journalism, too. as a very simple example, look at the way our sports media covers stories on espn (maybe apples and oranges here, but way they create news and allow for so much speculation is the point i'm trying to make).

the fine line here is making sure that our gov't is indeed open and transparent, but that strategic security and military issues aren't revealed, which might compromise vitally important assets or plans.

a lot of people in gov't are still bristling about edward snowden and what he revealed, but that information was more about how gov't is invading our lives as private citizens and the massive amounts of info they're gathering on each of us, stuff they didn't want us to know about. i support what snowden did, and think our gov't is dead wrong about how they've treated him.

Edited by Tank

Too many reporters try to bait the people they are interviewing, or simply make something up and see how many people believe it. Everything is sound bytes and sensational headlines. All too often the headline is even misleading, and you find that the story doesn't say anything close to what the headline claims.

This country is going to Hell in a handbasket, and there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the aisle - and among the press.

problem with that phil is that the next clown will have the same agenda as there is not a single Rep candidate worth even considering right now
not to  mention the next vlwon will add feminism to the top of the list since its a given at this point that it will be Hillary )heaven help us all when that happens)

problem with that phil is that the next clown will have the same agenda as there is not a single Rep candidate worth even considering right now

not to  mention the next vlwon will add feminism to the top of the list since its a given at this point that it will be Hillary )heaven help us all when that happens)

keep your eye on dr. ben carson, an african-american republican out of baltimore. he's a renown surgeon from johns hopkins who has done quite a few surgical procedures to separate conjoined twins. he's been getting a lot of attention, stressing that blacks can't doing the same things they've always done, emphasizing personal responsibility over blaming your situation, as well. he even took on jesse over black issues stemming from ferguson. he's also a seventh day adventist.

Edited by Tank

He won't win. Not with that message. Not to sound anti-racist but white guilt amongst the middle class will make them feel uncomfortable to vote for someone who says that blacks should take more responsibility, even though they think it in their heads. It makes them feel racist to actively tell other races to stop making excuses. They don't want others to think they are prying into matters that aren't their responsibility.

Schildog or Tobias will probably call me racist now.

Edited by HaloMagic