• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team vs good pitching

On that note, I have given up the being overly frustrated over Pujols. This is what he will be at his best, and unfortunately I don't see any reversal.

I just wish I could figure out what causes someone who destroyed pitching for 11 seasons in the NL to suddenly become just a bit above average. AL pitching superior? Age not true? Never adjusted to being away from St. L.? All of the above?

On that note, I have given up the being overly frustrated over Pujols. This is what he will be at his best, and unfortunately I don't see any reversal.

I just wish I could figure out what causes someone who destroyed pitching for 11 seasons in the NL to suddenly become just a bit above average. AL pitching superior? Age not true? Never adjusted to being away from St. L.? All of the above?

I think Albert has just been dealing with chronic leg and foot injuries ever since the tail end of his career in St Louis that he has never and probably will never recover from. Playing through things like severe plantar fasciitis very likely caused a lot of bad habits and copmensations that could well lead to injuries elsewhere. Even now after being supposedly recovered it still looks like Pujols is in pain when he runs. I've even seen him jog for doubles a few times on balls that would have been triples earlier in his career. 

Lower body injuries have made it harder for him to respond and hit the other way and I think he's turned into more of a guess hitter trying to compensate for that which results in outside pitches being batted softly to the pitcher or third baseman for groundball double plays instead of being punched the other way. 

I suspect he didn't lie about his age but he very likely matured early and biologically peaked earlier in his life than most. Either way just like with Hamilton there should have been enough red flags from his last year or two with his former club to know that signing him to a lengthy deal was not going to be a good idea.

Edited by ScottLux

Against all current teams in a playoff spot:

LAA: .247/.304/.378 - 10 games, 37 runs - 3.7 per game

Oak: .266/.336/.417 - 10 games, 57 runs - 5.7 per game

LAA: .220/.280/.364 - 12 games, 39 runs - 3.3 per game

Sea: .240/.313/.388 - 12 games, 58 runs - 4.8 per game

LAA: .290/.339/.484 - 6 games, 30 runs - 5.0 per game

KC: .263/.327/.341 - 6 games, 26 runs - 4.3 per game

LAA: .205/.273/.273 - 6 games, 17 runs - 2.8 per game

Bal: .187/.240/.322 - 6 games, 21 runs - 3.5 per game

Other than against KC, not good.

Well this inspires confidence. 

Remember 2 weeks ago when we dropped 2 of 3 to boston, and everyone freaked and kicked their dog. Then 2 days ago we awept boston and bought a new puppy and named it shoemaker..

Bipolar.

This series has sucked. I agree. Oaklamd is a great team....deeper than we are. It is what it is. Nothing says we wont best them tomorrow and the next time we play them.

We can point out all night long that theyve dropped big games....with the best rexord in baseball (tied), id assume that means everyone else has too...

I personally wasn't all that excited about taking 3 of 4 from Boston.  I loved how Shoemaker pitched and I still am happy he has been a part of the rotation and next to Richards and Trout has been on of the most exciting things about this team.  But I never got that excited about beating a team that already was sucking and had just traded away all their pitching.  Angels could only score more than 4 runs one of those games despite them sending out multiple guys with 4+ ERA's.  

Everyone else in big games (above .500 teams):

A's:  39-35

Orioles: 46-33

Tigers: 34-30

Royals: 35-31

Mariners: 39-26

Angels in big games: 33-38

Really I just think for me the lack of big games won combined with Richards and Skaggs both going down for significant periods of time and the fact we have Pujols and Hamilton on our team (both of who's contracts I was against from the beginning and one who I have strongly disliked as a person well before he wore an Angels uniform) makes it harder to remain positive.  I know overall they are doing well.  I know overall I should be happy and at times I am, and I know I shouldn't be a negative nancy with their current position in that stats. I have had the misfortune of watching them get stomped on the only 2 games I can attend.  And they are about 10-35 in games I have been able to watch or listen to this season. And most of the wins I saw/heard came off bad teams.  So yeah, I see the standings and say "well at least there is THAT", but then I watch them play and say "I wonder how THAT is?".