• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team vs good pitching

Against all current teams in a playoff spot:

LAA: .247/.304/.378 - 10 games, 37 runs - 3.7 per game

Oak: .266/.336/.417 - 10 games, 57 runs - 5.7 per game

LAA: .220/.280/.364 - 12 games, 39 runs - 3.3 per game

Sea: .240/.313/.388 - 12 games, 58 runs - 4.8 per game

LAA: .290/.339/.484 - 6 games, 30 runs - 5.0 per game

KC: .263/.327/.341 - 6 games, 26 runs - 4.3 per game

LAA: .205/.273/.273 - 6 games, 17 runs - 2.8 per game

Bal: .187/.240/.322 - 6 games, 21 runs - 3.5 per game

Other than against KC, not good.

Two winnable games vs. the team you are going against to win the division result in two losses.  It's not the end of the world, but it's a shame that they have blown an opportunity to take control of the division.  

The problem with that is it is getting old.  Many many close games lost to good teams.  Close games aren't impressive if you lose all of them...or if the ones you win are all against bad teams. 

Good god this site is bipolar....

Agreed.  I know it hasn't been limited to this season, but its understandable this particular season.  I personally haven't been all that excited all season.  The Angels have posted a good record, but they have just have not done well in big games.  Big games are what make a season exciting.  It has gotten kind of fun over big stretches of poor teams when they are just destroying, but overall those games aren't as exciting because they don't prove much.  Its very disappointing to go against the Dodgers, A's, Mariners, Yankees (not that they are great this year, but who wants to lose to the Yankees?), and Orioles.  I mean they have come out on top against the Tigers, but apparently that was no great feat based on how they have played since.  What makes a season fun is beating teams that matter. And of course doing well in the playoffs, but based on how they are doing and the SP losses, it just doesn't look good.  I know they still have a chance and I'm sure many others do, but it still remains very frustrating.  We keep getting lulled into that false sense of security brought on by bad teams, only to be brought back to reality.  Over and over and over again.  I think the frustration is very high now with Richards down.  Sure, we play more games against Oakland, but next time around that void in the rotation is most likely going to have to face Lester, Kazmir, Samardzija, or Gray.  This was the series against the A's we needed to take.  Anything is possible, but I'm getting tired of telling myself that.  Sorry for the long reply, didn't mean to direct that all at you.  Just started replying and it kept going haha.

Remember 2 weeks ago when we dropped 2 of 3 to boston, and everyone freaked and kicked their dog. Then 2 days ago we awept boston and bought a new puppy and named it shoemaker..

Bipolar.

This series has sucked. I agree. Oaklamd is a great team....deeper than we are. It is what it is. Nothing says we wont best them tomorrow and the next time we play them.

We can point out all night long that theyve dropped big games....with the best rexord in baseball (tied), id assume that means everyone else has too...

Remember 2 weeks ago when we dropped 2 of 3 to boston, and everyone freaked and kicked their dog. Then 2 days ago we awept boston and bought a new puppy and named it shoemaker..

Bipolar.

This series has sucked. I agree. Oaklamd is a great team....deeper than we are. It is what it is. Nothing says we wont best them tomorrow and the next time we play them.

We can point out all night long that theyve dropped big games....with the best rexord in baseball (tied), id assume that means everyone else has too...

...except for our 3-8 record against them, the pitching match-up, the fact that it's on national TV, and most importantly, how this team seems to just roll over for Oakland.  We're primed for yet another moral victory as we lose yet another close game and get swept out of Oakland and first place.

Prove me wrong, lads.  Please, prove me wrong.