• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon placed on revocable waivers

nikkachez

I still don't get why we didn't put a claim. We would have had all the leverage since Mets could only deal with us. Worst case scenario is they stuck him with us which is not that bad since Skaggs will be out anyway. I don't get it.

Ya, the only possible thing jerry could've been thinking was to try to save money, but now it's a bidding war, hard to see how any savings can be had now. Unless the mets made it known they don't need to trade him and the asking price would be high.

Jerry made the same mistake by not offering Jason Vargas a qualifying offer. I would have rather been stuck with Vargas for $14M this year than having to give up a player for the privilege of paying Colon $11M 

Edited by ScottLux

What you guys all seem to be forgetting is that you still need to trade someone to get someone. The Angels have almost nothing left in the cupboard. The only way they'd get a guy like Colon is to take all of his salary so the Mets wouldn't expect much of a prospect back. If they were willing to take all of his salary, they'd have claimed him.

Anybody else suspect Arte doesn't necessarily want Colon because of the PED thing? Dude seems to be a hard liner on PEDs, declaring war in the union and draft bonus restrictions.

no doubt.  I think Arte eats the salary if this weren't the case.  The mets could have easily found someone in our system to their liking.