• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blanton kinda sucks, man

I have been on other message boards when people complain non stop. It's awful. I can't handle it. It's the same thing game after game. But I also don't like homer happy message boards where everyone has to say nice things. This board has a perfect medium.

My main issue is no Bourjos. I really don't get it. He's like Mathis, but can hit and can actually play defense. But this time Scioscia wants to play the Napoli? Thankfully we are in the American League and won't have to worry about this becoming an issue. Bourjos in center and Trout in left would have made for some better outfield defense this series. But it's only 3 games. And the Reds are good

What OregonLAA said.

I've always been a praise and vent guy myself, and I can see how seeing nothing but 100% vent or 100% pollyanna could get on people's nerves eventually.

Life is, after all, about balance.

Well, that's why I said he KINDA sucks.  I mean, it definitely could have been worse and it was still a winnable game.  If not for some bad luck with the ground rule double with a man on first and then the Trumbo double where Dino holds Hamilton at 3rd, we might all be talking about how the Halos gutted this victory out.   

I might have just taken it wrong...probably my mistake.

IP check me if you want. I live in central Texas. I was always an Astro fan as my uncle once coached there. I still think Ryan was a sellout for going in the HOF as a Ranger.....should have been in as a Angel or Astro. Don't have much to root for these days as an Astro fan!! They are doing what they need to do though...tear it down.

Anyway, you guys have a great forum here and I like to watch and here about the Angels and baseball.

Vent threads are more fun than gameday threads. We could be up 7-3 and the vent thread will be bigger than the GDT. 

Gameday Thread is the vent thread. If it gets too nuts or negative in the GDT, head over to the Gameday Chat where I will make sure it's that happy medium this season. 

His 1+ hit per inning and low strikeout rate seems to indicate otherwise.

His K/9 Rate the last four years; 7.8, 7.6, 6.9, 7.5 -- he's actually been above average in that regard.  He gives up hits no doubt, but he misses bats more than people realize.  

He's a lot like Aaron Harang and Vicente Padilla, neither of which will be mistaken for a star by any stretch.

Please don't suggest that we go back to having the Vent thread and Gameday thread going at the same time.  

No, that was just for Chonito. She's unable to do these anymore due to her health. 

We'll have a Gameday Thread and anything goes and Gameday Chat.

But remember, in the Gameday threads, our Code of Conduct still applies. 

What OregonLAA said.

I've always been a praise and vent guy myself, and I can see how seeing nothing but 100% vent or 100% pollyanna could get on people's nerves eventually.

Life is, after all, about balance.

I think the perception about me being negative is because when something regarding the Angels is pissing me off I go on here (I'm sure others too).  I'm generally overdramatic to be funny.  If I'm happy with what's going on during a game I'm high fiving a friend or smiling/fist pumping, I do post positive stuff here too but it's usually not as witty as my negative/sarcastic stuff.

If people here think I'm totally negative you should see my when I talk the Angels with my stepdad.  A lot of the time he says that I'm 'drinking the Angels kool aid" and sees me as an eternal optimist lol.

I don't post here much (or at all) but I like to keep up with Angels baseball.  This is pretty funny though, so if your mostly negative and don't mix in a little "optimism and cheer" you will get the boot or banned?  Maybe I am missing the mark because I was not in the chat...I hope there is more than meets the eye here because it would seem strange to see this coming from an admin.  just my .02

Ahhh... Yeah. You're missing it. 

First off, I don't mind venting, pointing out mistakes, club issues, failures etc. This will ALWAYS be part of this website and other fan blogs/sites. It is totally acceptable here. I do it too! 

Be that as it may, people don't like hanging around or listening to pessimistic people all the time. I know I don't at least. Point is this. If that's all you're doing here, then THIS is not the place for you. 

A member named angelduck was banned because of this, others have too (though not many, as some changed their tone eventually). 

It's pretty easy. Think of it this way.

You have a good group of people all in one accord (Fans of the Angels) and someone walks into a bar where this group of people are hanging, all with their own opinions, both positive and negative about different aspects of the team, but all dude wants to do is bitch, moan and complain and come across pompous while at it. 

You're either booting that guy from your group of people in that setting, or not inviting him to the next group outing. Some are opportunists for the negative here, but you NEVER see them post a single positive thing at the same time. Those are the types that I have my eyes on this year and going forward. 

I want quality here, not quantity. I believe we can have both. New place, new digs, new attitudes and moderation going forward. 

I feel the professionalism of this website and the accomplishments we've made over the years needs to be mirrored with the way our fans communicate here. 

Nobody wants to read bitching and moaning from the same person, all the time. When it's from a lot of people, it's even worse. I've had people tell me they just got tired of the negativity the past two years here and rarely posted anymore. Sure 2010-2012 sucked, but at the end of the day WE ARE FANS.

Thank you for reading. 

Ahhh... Yeah. You're missing it. 

First off, I don't mind venting, pointing out mistakes, club issues, failures etc. This will ALWAYS be part of this website and other fan blogs/sites. It is totally acceptable here. I do it too! 

Be that asit may, people don't like hanging around or listening to pessimistic people all the time. I know I don't at least. Point is this. If that's all you're doing here, then THIS is not the place for you. 

A member named angelduck was banned because of this, others have too (though not many, as some changed their tone eventually). 

It's pretty easy. Think of it this way.

You have a good group of people all in one accord (Fans of the Angels) and someone walks into a bar where this group of people are hanging, all with their own opinions, both positive and negative about different aspects of the team, but all dude wants to do is bitch, moan and complain and come across pompous while at it. 

You're either booting that guy from your group of people in that setting, or not inviting him to the next group outing. Some are opportunists for the negative here, but you NEVER see them post a single positive thing at the same time. Those are the types that I have my eyes on this year and going forward. 

I want quality here, not quantity. I believe we can have both. New place, new digs, new attitudes and moderation going forward. 

I feel the professionalism of this website and the accomplishments we've made over the years needs to be mirrored with the way our fans communicate here. 

Nobody wants to read bitching and moaning from the same person, all the time. When it's from a lot of people, it's even worse. I've had people tell me they just got tired of the negativity the past two years here and rarely posted anymore. Sure 2010-2012 sucked, but at the end of the day WE ARE FANS.

Thank you for reading. 

Thanks for the heads up....I won't be one of the complainers. Lol