• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Redskins owner

Tank

Do you really not see the difference? The Blackhawks are named after a person, the Indians after several groups of people, and the Chiefs after a title for leaders in some of those groups. Redskins is just a racial slur. The fact that we've chose to deem it acceptable for so long doesn't mean that it is. It just means we've collectively been insensitive pricks for a while.

The roots of the word aren't offensive. 

the term "redskin" actually refers to the bloody trophy resulting from scalping someone... gross but not racist. 

White people started calling Native Americans "redskins" because they painted themselves red before attacking colonies. It didn't refer to the natural color of their skin at all.

It definitely devolved into a derogatory term and white people did completely screw over a whole continent full of indigenous people so I don't think it would kill us to err on the side of sensitivity. 

It's the NFL though, lets just agree that the name isn't changing until it starts to affect the bottom line. 

• 1 year later...

???

RG3 is terrible.

i didn't write my sarcasm very effectively.

obviously, by announcing now that RGIII won't be playing for them next year, it's going to be tough to trade him for any kind of quality players in return.