• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone have T-Mobile?

gotbeer

How about in the Orange County area? AT&T just royally ****ed us...told us we could add a line and then the following month started billing us an additional $250/month unless we gave up our unlimited data for 3 of the lines we had with them. And have now informed us when we utilize our upgrades we will have to either give up our monthly line discount of $25/month/line or we get the opportunity to pay $30/month for the upgraded phone using their fleece the customer Next program.

Some people laugh at this idea, but if you're thinking of T-Mobile, why not consider MetroPCS, Brightspot, Straight Talk, and several other smaller operators that lease access to T-Mobile's cell towers for less money?  MetroPCS is actually owned by T-Mobile. 

They all do prepaid plans without contracts as far as I know, and they don't subsidize new phones.  That means you would either need to buy one up front or bring your own.  Like AT&T, T-Mobile phones require a SIM card. 

I have Cricket Wireless (formerly Aio Wireless) which is now owned by AT&T and uses their towers.  For $45 a month I get unlimited talk and text and 2.5 GB of 3G/4G data subject to a max speed of 8 Mbps.  After the 2.5 GB is used up, data is unlimited but throttled way down to 256 kbps.  Best part of all is no contract and the $45 includes all taxes and fees.  I don't use a lot of data, so this is fine for my purposes.  My only gripe is I don't have access to roaming like I would on traditional AT&T plans.  Not a problem unless I plan on going to Wyoming or Nebraska. 

Check this out, Brightspot through Target:

https://www.brightspotmobile.com/compare-prepaid-cell-phone-plans

For $35/month, you get 3GB of data at 4G speeds, unlimited text, and 300 minutes of voice.  What's not shown on that page is the Brightspot loyalty rewards.  Every 6 months they send you a $25 gift card to use at Target stores.  That brings the price down to $30.83 a month. 

• 3 weeks later...