• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' Schedule

wopphil

The team is right in the middle of an absolutely brutal 20-game schedule, probably the most difficult stretch of the season. They might seem to be playing flat, but consider that their last 9 games have been against wild-card spot holder Seattle (and its two aces), AL East leader Baltimore, and AL Central leader Detroit. A 5-4 record in those games is just fine, and a win today will make it an excellent homestand.

The next ten games after today aren't any easier: three in Baltimore, three in Tampa Bay, and then four against the Dodgers.

But we have talked about the team being tested against better competition, and they are responding just fine to that test. Makes me think they are a legitimate 90+ win team.

10-10 would be more than satisfactory, all things considered.

It's crazy how the team is facing a 6-4 homestand, when you consider who they've played, the pitchers they've faced, and how flat the offense has been. This is a very good team.

If they win today, it would match the 6-4 record I was expecting out of the gate.

It didn't look like it though after Thursday's loss dropped them to 3-4 out of the ASB gate.

I have to say now that 6-4 would really be solid given that the 3 teams faced have 3 of the 4 best road records in the AL, the A's being the other team.

Right now, the main question marks are Nibs, HamilWhiffATon, Thatcher's inability to get lefties out, Morin's recent struggles, and of course the general health of the team with injuries eating at the bench depth.

this stretch is the entire reason so many people have been harping on how easy the As have it... if we stay where we are thru all this, we got the division in my opinion.

I wouldn't go that far, but if they can stay within 3-4 games of Oakland after this tough 20 game stretch(while Oakland is busy facing the Astros, Rangers, Twins, etc) the team would be in a great position

Almost through the first half of this stretch and they are 2 GB. So far so good

I wouldn't go that far, but if they can stay within 3-4 games of Oakland after this tough 20 game stretch(while Oakland is busy facing the Astros, Rangers, Twins, etc) the team would be in a great position

Almost through the first half of this stretch and they are 2 GB. So far so good

Why would you not go that far?

Right now we are the better team, have been for the last month.

if we stay close as we are now and carry that momentum i like the chances to overtake them

its no guarantee but the negativity here can sometimes be astounding