• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guardians of the Galaxy

Don't forget Electra, Catwoman, Most Supermans, pre nolan Batman, Fantastic Four, how the hell do you reboot Spiderman so soon.  List goes on.  

But then you have those comic movies that go against the grain, like Sin City and 300.  

IMO, this is the second age of Comic Book movies.  The first age was the Superman and Batman movies.  That spawned a different kind of Comic Book movies that more resembled the comic books.  This is the second age of Comic Books, and these seem more in line with Graphic novels than comic books.  

And to me, there is no difference than a movie made from a comic than from a book.  Wizard of Oz was based on a book.  Godfather was based on a book.  Creativity comes in all forms of writing.  And if you limit yourself to books, you might as well just get baseball information strictly from a fan forum.

Except books can be about anything while comic books generally meet a certain criteria.......I doubt there is a Shawshank Redemption comic book.

You don't have the range of comics to accurately make that statement. 

I don't think it's closed minded. People know what they like and don't like. I'm sure many of us here have never watched a WNBA game nor care to, I don't classify that person as close minded or ignorant.

I'm not going to knowingly sit through a movie where I already know I don't get engrossed at people flying through the air or throwing cars at each other. If someone else does, great. But to say close minded makes it seem like people are missing out or ignorant.

Some people don't like TMZ, the Kardashians, or robots fighting each other in a metropolitan setting. I don't find those people close minded just like I don't find a straight guy close minded because he doesn't think he will like sucking another dudes d.

I prefer to judge each film by its own merit.  Some comedies are good, others suck.  Same with action films, sci-fi, drama, etc.

To rule out a film based solely upon what genre it is seems closed minded to me.

I have seen most of them.  My friends are fans of the genre and I usually go.  Outside of that dude that OD'd that played The Joker in Batman Begins I haven't seen one that I thought was any good.

The Iron Man movies have terrible stories, they are all special effects.  Same with the Avengers.  X-Men, etc.

The stories and characters have very little depth and it just turns into 90 minutes of special effects.

i think there will always be an audience for comic book movies because the comics themselves have always had a big following. with the improvements and changes to technology, characters can now do a lot more on screen than ever before. it's somewhat reminiscent of what george lucas said about the star wars movies and the technology finally catching up to his ideas.

the issue is now the story lines available for these movies (there will be hits and misses) as well as the sheer number of how many films are out there. the market seems saturated to me, and i think the comment about the boy band explosion of the 90s is a fair one for comparison. as long as this genre of movies continues to make money, expect to see them continue to be made. our choice for more or less of these movies is to vote with out wallets.

i have no plans to see guardians of the galaxy, but i'll probably go see avengers 2.

I don't think it's closed minded. People know what they like and don't like. I'm sure many of us here have never watched a WNBA game nor care to, I don't classify that person as close minded or ignorant.

I'm not going to knowingly sit through a movie where I already know I don't get engrossed at people flying through the air or throwing cars at each other. If someone else does, great. But to say close minded makes it seem like people are missing out or ignorant.

Some people don't like TMZ, the Kardashians, or robots fighting each other in a metropolitan setting. I don't find those people close minded just like I don't find a straight guy close minded because he doesn't think he will like sucking another dudes d.

For the record, I never said "ignorant". 

and leave Adam out of this.

Edited by mtangelsfan

No, I mean the over saturation of the genre. One group isn't comparable to what happened in the late 90s.

I can't comment on the movies, I haven't watched any and don't care to.

But I get it, I'm just not interested. There is a lack of writing in Hollywood and it's easier to copy some kids book, throw in special effects at an epilepsy level, and make 200m. It's a perfectly manufactured storm like the boy band era....even if it sucks it's going to make bank. Why not?

I don't think that's a fair assessment of many of these films. The most recent Captain America film was pretty spectacular in all regards.

Which wouldn't have happened if you weren't in here attacking the movie and genre from the beginning lol.

I made like two comments about it and Rally went into troll mode so I matched him.

I think you are the only one getting butt hurt man.