• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guardians of the Galaxy

Someone tell Mead that we need a Raccoon as the new Angels mascot. The Rally Raccoon.

A rally coon would be sweet. The Chiefs have a mascot that looks like a coon, and you think it is one because of the tail until you find out his name is KC Wolf.

I love good fantasy.

Comic book movies are just really bad.

Yeah, so bad they get great reviews and make huge money.  Horrible.  Marvel Studios is going to go broke any day.

Nate, you can deal with wizards, elves and dragons, but not a talking raccoon.  Strange.

Yeah, so bad they get great reviews and make huge money.  Horrible.  Marvel Studios is going to go broke any day.

Nate, you can deal with wizards, elves and dragons, but not a talking raccoon.  Strange.

Face Off and Transformers all made insane amounts of money too.  They are on par with comic book movies.

Depends on the type of movie.  If it is a kids movie then it doesn't matter.

Cartoonish looking racoons?  No thanks.

"great reviews" by 25 year olds that still have their comic book collection doesn't mean anything to me.

To be fair I don't really care for any action movies.  If a movie doesn't make me think, or make me laugh, it is a waste of my time.

Depends on the type of movie.  If it is a kids movie then it doesn't matter.

Cartoonish looking racoons?  No thanks.

"great reviews" by 25 year olds that still have their comic book collection doesn't mean anything to me.

To be fair I don't really care for any action movies.  If a movie doesn't make me think, or make me laugh, it is a waste of my time.

My wife doesn't like fantasy, sc-fi.  I get that.  I think she misses out but at least she is consistent. 

The great reviews are not 25 year olds with comic book collections.  That is the whole point of having a site like Rotten Tomatoes, to get rid of the outliers.

This comic book era reminds me of the boy band era of the late 90s.

You mean like One Direction?  I think each movie should be judged by its own merits.  Daredevil sucked.  The first Captain America was meh.  The Thor movies were mediocre.  Iron Man 2 wasn't very good.  But Iron Man one and three were really good, The Avengers was very good and the second Captain America was really good. 

You mean like One Direction? I think each movie should be judged by its own merits. Daredevil sucked. The first Captain America was meh. The Thor movies were mediocre. Iron Man 2 wasn't very good. But Iron Man one and three were really good, The Avengers was very good and the second Captain America was really good.

No, I mean the over saturation of the genre. One group isn't comparable to what happened in the late 90s.

I can't comment on the movies, I haven't watched any and don't care to.

But I get it, I'm just not interested. There is a lack of writing in Hollywood and it's easier to copy some kids book, throw in special effects at an epilepsy level, and make 200m. It's a perfectly manufactured storm like the boy band era....even if it sucks it's going to make bank. Why not?

Comic book movies are to a degree supposed to be over the top considering the source material.  I think a lot of them have been garbage because they've been overly corny, too over the top even for a comic book movie or toned down too much to get a PG or PG-13 rating.  That said there's been quite a few to me that were really good or at least entertaining and not painful to sit through.     

No, I mean the over saturation of the genre. One group isn't comparable to what happened in the late 90s.

I can't comment on the movies, I haven't watched any and don't care to.

But I get it, I'm just not interested. There is a lack of writing in Hollywood and it's easier to copy some kids book, throw in special effects at an epilepsy level, and make 200m. It's a perfectly manufactured storm like the boy band era....even if it sucks it's going to make bank. Why not?

Add Marvel branding to the same film and make 800 million.

Even a few of the NY critics are liking it.  

I don't always trust reviews, but a few critics have tastes that seem to match my own about 90% of the time.  

Really looking forward to seeing this. :)

Critics love the Marvel movies as of late, doesn't matter really which one really. They seem to getting higher acclaim than they deserve all around though still decent movies though.

There was and still is tons of hyperbolic praise for Winter Soldier.

You mean like One Direction?  I think each movie should be judged by its own merits.  Daredevil sucked.  The first Captain America was meh.  The Thor movies were mediocre.  Iron Man 2 wasn't very good.  But Iron Man one and three were really good, The Avengers was very good and the second Captain America was really good. 

Don't forget Electra, Catwoman, Most Supermans, pre nolan Batman, Fantastic Four, how the hell do you reboot Spiderman so soon.  List goes on.  

But then you have those comic movies that go against the grain, like Sin City and 300.  

IMO, this is the second age of Comic Book movies.  The first age was the Superman and Batman movies.  That spawned a different kind of Comic Book movies that more resembled the comic books.  This is the second age of Comic Books, and these seem more in line with Graphic novels than comic books.  

And to me, there is no difference than a movie made from a comic than from a book.  Wizard of Oz was based on a book.  Godfather was based on a book.  Creativity comes in all forms of writing.  And if you limit yourself to books, you might as well just get baseball information strictly from a fan forum.