• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colby Lewis certainly embraces the Rangers way

nate

LOL:

On top of the bunt, Lewis said the fact that Rasmus didn't try to steal second base further proved he was just concerned about upping his average.

"[Rasmus] didn't steal within the first two pitches to put himself in scoring position," Lewis said. "That tells me he is solely looking out for himself, and looking out for batting average. And I didn't appreciate it."

Also: I like how Colby Lewis is shocked that the dude who has 1 stolen base in 2 attempts since the start of the 2013 season didn't try to steal.

before the advent of the shift, i could agree with him maybe 15%.  

today, giving up the bunt base hit is the price you pay for the shift, and it's 100% fair.  

True, but in that scenario Rasmus would most likely have been out and Lewis would have gladly taken it.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

before the advent of the shift, i could agree with him maybe 15%.  

today, giving up the bunt base hit is the price you pay for the shift, and it's 100% fair.  

15%? 

0%. If you don't want him to bunt don't cheat defensively whether the 3Bman is shifting or playing back at third.

To me, this is the equivalent of an offense in football setting up for a field goal and instead faking and running a pass play in a close game. Meanwhile, after the game, having one of the defensive players bitch and moan that it was unsportsmanlike to run a pass play, because they were set up to defend a field goal. Now if it was 48-3 in the fourth quarter, I'd agree with him, but in a close game, he's a baby.

Since the unwritten rules seem to be all about playing the game the right way and manning up, wouldn't the shift be against it?

"What, you can't stop me unless you use a wacked out defense?  Try beating me with a traditional defense!"

Yeah the hitter should charge the mound when he sees the shift.

The mound or the shortstop?

this thread is finally starting to get it. i want to see some offensive unwritten rules, dammit! only fastballs coward!

Swing the bat? Why the hell would he even bother swinging the bat when he could get a perfectly good hit by laying one down?

Simply for average? Uh, DUH. That's what this is about, getting on base and having the highest batting average possible.

This whole thing is just flat out stupid. They're only up by 2 in the 5th. As we know even with 2 outs, anything can happen.

I understand it sucks being on a crappy team Colby, but don't start telling other winning teams how they're supposed to play.