• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ebola "out of control" in West Africa/Texas Maybe Cleveland?

They were just following CDC protocol.  It says so in the crayon pictures they passed out.

Yeah, DWB is the worst. Why are they even trying to help people? Don't they realize I don't care about other people? Now they're gonna get Ebola and get transported back to the US and I'm gonna have to spend time posting on internet message boards convincing people that Ebola is super dangerous and is gonna kill us all. And if I do that I won't have time to post every time someone sells some stock they own. I only have two hands. Does DWB even care about that?

or making stickboy jokes. don't forget that one.

Optics of that are pretty bad. You would think folks would have thought that through a little more.

But it appears those officers did not enter the residence at any point.

http://mashable.com/2014/10/24/nypd-gloves-trash-can-ebola/

<i>But an NYPD spokeswoman dismissed the concerns, telling Mashable that the two officers were just on "a traffic post" and were not "inside of the residence or anything like that." Asked again whether they were ever inside Spencer's apartment, the spokeswoman responded: "Absolutely not."

</i>

Doctors Returning to NY-Area Airports From West Africa Will Be Quarantined

http://mashable.com/2014/10/24/doctor-west-africa-quarantine/

Appearing at a news conference Friday afternoon, Cuomo and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said that all medical workers who arrive at New York and New Jersey airports from Ebola-affected countries will face additional screening measures — and be automatically quarantined.

"A voluntary Ebola quarantine is not enough," Cuomo said. "This is too serious a public health situation."

Mandatory Ebola Quarantine in California announced:

http://news.yahoo.com/california-announces-ebola-quarantine-rules-211317541.html

California announced new quarantine guidelines Wednesday for people arriving in the western state deemed to pose a risk of spreading Ebola

The new rules, announced by California's Department of Public Health (CDPH), mandate a 21-day quarantine for anyone traveling from Ebola-afflicted countries who has had contact with anyone stricken by the killer disease.

Cuomo and Christie really ****ed that one up...

California enacted mandatory quarantines....can we get a "Brown really ****ed that one up"?

This nurse is being a self-centered bitch.  Now she's saying her civil rights are being violated.  Wouldn't be surprised if she's looking for a book deal or similar

California enacted mandatory quarantines....can we get a "Brown really ****ed that one up"?

This nurse is being a self-centered bitch.  Now she's saying her civil rights are being violated.  Wouldn't be surprised if she's looking for a book deal or similar

It would appear that California is taking a less draconian/more nuanced approach than Christie and Cuomo. It would also appear that health officials are making the decisions, not Brown, unlike in NJ/NY year the two governor's looking for 2016 headlines seemed to be more focused on looking "strong" than what the actual medical community was saying.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-california-orders-ebola-quarantine-protocols-20141029-story.html

On Wednesday, California health officials insisted that even though the order provides for unspecified penalties, the measure was not a rigid, mandatory quarantine.

Instead, county health agencies will assess the threat to public health posed by each individual and "tailor an appropriate level of quarantine as needed," state officials said in a press statement. The order was described as a "flexible, case-by-case approach."

I'll ignore the misogyny....but re: the nurse I tend to think the nurse is over playing her hand a bit, though I agree with her general point which is we are not listening to what the medical community is saying and creating policy based out of fear and ignorance. I think a lot of it has to do with how it was originally handled and Christie's...let's just say creative liberties with the truth.

I would laugh as well. 

So I'm a misogynist because I called her a self-centered bitch?  Got it.  She hasn't made this all about herself, how she feels violated, how she's going to sue every agency that wants to contain her and then she violated her home quarantine and went bike riding today?  She feels her rights trump everyone else.  Didn't the doctor who went bowling show no signs at first?  You're right, she's not a bitch, she's a dick

Are you a misogynist? I don't know. Calling her a bitch because you don't agree with her position is misogynist...but that's not really the discussion.

The issue, at least in her mind, appears to be her rights, as well as politicians appealing to the fear mongers and not listening to the medical community and experts. There are published guidelines that medical experts put together, that are being ignored because Chris Christie stayed at a Holiday Inn and is thinking about running for president in 2016. Think about how she was originally quarantined. She was taken off a plane and shoved in an outdoor tent with no running water, toilet facilities, heating, etc. Would that piss you off?

By the by...the Doctor who showed no signs at first, who now has Ebola, actually kind of proves her point. He didn't pass the disease along to anyone. Was it wise for him to use public transportation, go bowling, etc? Probably not. Did he actually put people at risk? Probably not. Thomas Duncan, the only person to have died from Ebola in the US did not pass the disease along to anyone prior to going in to the hospital. Ebola is not easily transmitted, and until you show full blown symptoms of Ebola, you're not contagious. The two nurses who contracted it were from when Thomas Duncan was very sick...the time medical experts say you are contagious.

This doesn't mean I agree with her...I think the reality is she should stay away from public places. Her interactions with people should be fairly minimal. A bike ride...no big deal. But the name her public enemy #1 because she has the audacity to call fear mongering stupid? Blah.

The only thing that would be better than her getting Ebola is if she infected a bunch of other people while she's defying the quarantine.

That would be pretty awesome...I mean, ignoring that fact it means the virus is morphing in to something more communicable....it would definitely put her in her place.