• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NBA Draft thread

Who are your favorite teams and what do you think/wish they would do with their pick (s)?  I assume that a large majority on AW are Lakers fans.  I am and have been since 79'-80'.  Die-hard!  If we make no moves to move up, I would imagine that they will have the option of Marcus Smart, Julius Randle, Noah Vonleh and Aaron Gordon.  I'd really like to have one of either Smart or Randle, plus acquiring at least one other first rounder for someone like Dario Saric (if we pick Smart at #7) or Elfrid Payton (if we take Randle at #7).

Lakers fan and I'm not really sold on Randle.  The knock on him is that he was pushed around by bigger or stronger guys in college and in the NBA he'll face that type of competition every night.  To be fair though all of these guys are far from done developing and the Lakers are rebuilding.  At 7 unless someone falls I'm hoping for Gordon or Smart but let's be honest the NBA draft is a major crapshoot in any given year.    

Not sure what the Lakers are doing right now regarding their coaching position?  Was disappointed that they allowed David Blatt to be scooped up by the Cavs today without even interviewing the guy.  Now I understand it is down to Byron Scott and Mike Dunleavy.  Really??  That's the best two candidates?

Who are your favorite teams and what do you think/wish they would do with their pick (s)?  I assume that a large majority on AW are Lakers fans.  I am and have been since 79'-80'.  Die-hard!  If we make no moves to move up, I would imagine that they will have the option of Marcus Smart, Julius Randle, Noah Vonleh and Aaron Gordon.  I'd really like to have one of either Smart or Randle, plus acquiring at least one other first rounder for someone like Dario Saric (if we pick Smart at #7) or Elfrid Payton (if we take Randle at #7).

How on earth are the Lakers going to pick up another 1st round pick? 

Wow didn't realize the extent of his injury.  He very well may drop to #3-6 imo

Agreed.  Unless there's more that isn't being reported that leads teams to believe there's a long term issue I don't see him lasting until pick 7.  There an article at sportsline talking about how the Lakers are considering him at 7 if he falls and it seems like they're just trying to fill space with an article like that.     

It's expiring, which for some reason is a commodity in the NBA

I know there are exclusions but generally trades in the NBA have to be within a certain dollar amount salary wise unless something changed with the last CBA.  The rumors involving Nash seem to be the Lakers taking a contract back which means at least in those cases they aren't freeing up any money.  Nash's contract might be attractive to a team who wants to get rid of someone making a nice chunk of money who is signed longer than Nash.