• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interest in Samardzija?

The only way the Angels pull off a deal of that magnitude would be if the Cubs were interested in good young players that aren't prospects, like Grant Green, Matt Shoemaker, Kole Calhoun, Hector Santiago.

But those guys are firmly entrenched in the organization's future and I doubt the Cubs are interested anyway.

I like Samardzija but he isn't the type of arm to be dealing out valuable prospects for....and as others have said, this isn't a deep system quite yet

They finally had a 1st round pick, and are working on building the system back up. Rotation hasn't even been a problem for this team, either. If anything, they need to acquire a bullpen arm

i htink the issue really is what does Chi want?  if they want ML ready guys, we have some of those that could step right in... if they want farm hands, we dont.
Then again would it make sense to gut that any more than it would the farm... i dont think so, but i dont think you can simply say we dont have what it takes.
If we really wanted in on this i think we could make a very appealing offer

I doubt we're in on this guy. Just some dude starting false rumors. It would make no sense. 

Unless we ship them Santiago or Skaggs and one of Green, Yarbrough and a lower level prospect.

Would hate that so much lol. Dealing 6 years of Skaggs for 1.5 guaranteed years of Samardzija

I really hope the Angels just roll more or less with what they have this year.  This team needs every piece of young, cost-controlled talent they can get.  The talent on the big league roster is there IMO, just up to the players to execute and get the job done.

Why are we worried about SP now?

Shoemaker is terrific and our rotation kicks ass.

We should be more concerned about the useless bag of **** that is Ibanez, our lack of production at 3B, or the #3 hitter in our lineup batting .254 while earning over $20 million dollars. 

The last 2 video highlights Pujols has on the official site are an RBI groundout and a HBP. 

Agreed. Last thing I read the Phillies just wanted to lose most of his contract.

Jason Hammel 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7709/

And no to gutting the farm. I don't expect Shoe to put up 8 ip 10 k performances every time, but he's been very serviceable since stepping in to the rotation and Skaggs will be back sooner than later.

My guess is that the Cubs give Samardzija a contract. He is a solid starting pitcher and they don't grow on trees these days.

Seems like his name is cropping up everywhere again, in a final push to see what they can get for him, before they sit down and come to terms.

By the time the Cubs contend again, he will be their "veteran" experienced leader.