• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you want your blindfold??

So, after the the botched "execution" in Oklahoma where the convict suffered beyond comprehension, what do you think their solution is to prevent this from ever happening again?

FIRING SQUAD!!!!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/05/17/paul_ray_bring_back_firing_squads_to_utah.html

Many are saying this has a good chance of passing.

Don, do you know how the firing squads of old worked? I'm pretty sure only one of the shooters had an actual bullet and the other had blanks so no one had the guilt of killing someone.

I'm probably wrong though

I've heard similar versions of that. I know it'd still bother the hell out of me if there was a one in six (or whatever number) chance that I killed someone.

Don, do you know how the firing squads of old worked? I'm pretty sure only one of the shooters had an actual bullet and the other had blanks so no one had the guilt of killing someone.

firing squads: all of the slaughter, with none of the guilt! Get yours today!

It is the reverse. Only one has a blank cartridge.

I've heard similar versions of that. I know it'd still bother the hell out of me if there was a one in six (or whatever number) chance that I killed someone.

then you should probably go into a different line of work, if you don't mind me saying so.

the last public firing squad execution i'm aware of was gary gilmore in utah in 1977. there were five or six shooters, and only one of them had a live round in the chamber. he chose to be executed this way, but i don't think it's an option any longer to choose this method.

Gilmore wasn't the last and according to his brother that attended the execution, there were five volunteer law enforcement officers and five entry wounds in the clothing Gilmore was wearing. None of them had a blank cartridge.

Gilmore wasn't the last and according to his brother that attended the execution, there were five volunteer law enforcement officers and five entry wounds in the clothing Gilmore was wearing. None of them had a blank cartridge.

ah, okay. do you remember who was the last one executed by firing squad? i'm drawing a blank.

Maybe they set off five squibs to make it even more mysterious as to who fired the actual round.

when i was in high school there was a case (maybe early/mid 70s) of an inmate in washington state who was convicted capitol crimes and sentenced to death. as it was told by our gov't teacher, he was allowed to choose his method of execution, so he chose hanging and the state accepted that request. he then turned around and sued the state saying that hanging would violate his 8th amendment rights against cruel and unusual punishment as he was obese and worried that hanging could possibly snap his head off, causing him great pain and plenty of mental anguish leading up to the execution. the courts agreed with him, and his execution was stayed.

this inmate died a few years ago, and i kept the obit about him, but i have no idea where i've put him and i can't remember the name of the inmate. i think his first name may have been allen. i tried a google search but kept drawing a blank because i really don't know what to type in the search bar.

anyone got any helpful ideas? i'd like to use this case in my classes next year and thought maybe one of the legal eagles here could help. TIA.