• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

4/9/14 Lineup @ Mariners (brace yourselves)

Your argument is that Cowgill gives us a better chance to win than Calhoun?

MT I'm not saying that losing a hot hitting Josh Hamilton (and let's be honest he's hitting .444 with a .556 BABIP.... unsustainable but certainly great while it lasts) doesn't hurt the team. It does.

However Cowgill has never received consistent playing time or even had a consistent team to stay with over the last few years. He had a career .373 OBP in the Minors (and .473 SLG) and that could potentially serve him well leading off. Shuck had a .382 OBP in the Minors and specifically had a higher OBP vs. RHP.

I guess what I am saying is that applying Cowgill and Shuck in the lead off spot should still lead to consistent men on base for Trout, Pujols, et. al. Exchanging Hamilton for Calhoun isn't quite as horrible as it might sound to some of you as Calhoun still has a desirable offensive profile and can slug the ball pretty well.

As Hamilton has done many times he has shown an ability to go on prolonged hot hitting streaks (and then subsequent cold spells) and he was in the middle/tail end of one to start off the season and that will hurt a bit. However if the new lead off men can do their job and get on base about 35% of the time that should still lead to run-scoring opportunities as the middle of the order hits behind them.

Mt, what do you really expect? We aren't a deep team and we just lost one of our studs. I'm not trying to start anything it just there's not a ton of options.

I think the answer to that is at least don't put the horrible players we're forced to play in Hamilton's absence at the top of the lineup

I think the answer to that is at least don't put the horrible players we're forced to play in Hamilton's absence at the top of the lineup

Yup. Obviously, they need Cowgill to play tonight but he doesn't have to bat leadoff. Sure, Kole has struggled but everybody was on board with him leading off. Why would they change that 8 games into the season?

@Alden_Gonzalez: I was wrong, Calhoun will probably continue to hit leadoff. Trout third not a consideration right now. 3-4-5 of Pujols/Freese/Ibanez likely.

In a previous tweet, he predicted that Schuck or Cowgill would hit leadoff.

This is why I do not like our manager.  That 3-4-5 is not going to drive in shit or protect shit.  Yuck.  

I'd like to hope that Calhoun was only moved down today because they are facing a lefty. Even so, Calhoun has shown to hit lefties fine, so it still doesn't make much sense. He's off to a bad start, but let him hit his way out.

No.  He needs to drive in runs now not get on base.  Who exactly is going to drive Calhoun in? 

gah!

who cares if they are horrible?

EXACTLY!

Lefty/Righty lineup

7th inning guy comes in during the 7th inning.

Set-up man comes in during the 8th inning.

Closer pitches the 9th.

Contact play every single time

Bunt, bunt, bunt!

Albert bats third, Albert bats third, Albert third, Albert in the 3-spot...

OCD, anyone?