• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did anyone else here post on the old AOL Angels message boards?

Late 90s/early 2000s was when they were around. They were pretty comical.

The negative Nancys on that board made this place seem like Prozac Nation. GA sucked, Stoneman sucked, etc.

I was in middle school at the time and lied about my age just so they wouldn't block me. LOL

I can't remember my old moniker to save my life though...

There were a couple different boards around before MLB got into the game and shut them down.

There are still a few familiar names around from those days, both here and on the OB.

I can't remember any names. I do remember one guy who said he took his 10 year old son out of little league because the coaches were telling him to go up there and hack away. Same guy said his little league coaches told him the same thing and that's the reason he never made it professionally. Looking back it might have been a troll but there are some weird SOB's out there.

Actually, the Cubs O board is one of the more active boards. I posted there a lot back in the early 2000s. Made some friends there that I still keep in touch with today. Some of them are long time Cubs season ticket holders. Most of us have moved on from it, as it got pretty nasty, but it continues to be a very active board.

I was there, and I also did my time on the OB during the ___ era. Got banned more than once. as did everyone who enjoyed pushing___'s buttons.

Took a couple seasons off from posting there, although I lurked both in the OB and on this board. Didn't move here full time until the new format was introduced before last season.

Edited by Homebrewer

I used to troll other forums. Believe me, Angels fans are some of the tamest out there.

Very true. That particular quality is a big reason while this community is so great.

Actually, the Cubs O board is one of the more active boards. I posted there a lot back in the early 2000s. Made some friends there that I still keep in touch with today. Some of them are long time Cubs season ticket holders. Most of us have moved on from it, as it got pretty nasty, but it continues to be a very active board.

I figured they'd be active, I meant bleak as in hopeless/bitter/cynical/miserable.

I figured they'd be active, I meant bleak as in hopeless/bitter/cynical/miserable.

Cubs fans for the most part are pretty knowledgeable about the game, and see the period of rebuilding as at least restocking the org with young talent. I know a lot of Cub fans, and everyone is just sitting back and waiting for the years of win-now mismanagement to be fixed by a solid core of younger players. They started doing years ago, what the Angels have just started doing...upgrading their minor league facilities,  coaching staffs, scouting corps, etc. The Cubs infrastructure was worse than the Angel's has ever been. It;s been a long process and it is still far from over, but they are finally moving into this century.

There are 4 that used to post on the AOL Grandstand Boards from back in the early 90's

Angel25Fan (myself)

Tank

SuperDave

InsidePitch

I think I still went by Haloswin in those days...  I started using Inside Pitch right around the time I started doing the CBSSportsline/Real Fans Network Angels pages.   I still remember the days of usernet when many of the guys from USSMariner were like 13 and like everyone else in Seattle had seemingly just discovered baseball   They were some of the biggest homers back in those days.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The Angels AOL Grandstand board was anything but tame and opposing fans figured that out pretty quick...

The peak of my trolling career was 2007-2010ish, well after the Grandstand boards. I'm not sure if the Grandstand boards are the same AOL boards I'm talking about. If so, yes I agree, those were some miserable SOB's. 

used to be on the old ESPN board -- quite a few folks from there still here now.

I guess the old ESPN Angels forum lives on but have not checked it in quite some time (as in years).

When I did check in on it last (just for grins and I  really can't remember how long ago it was, could be two years ago, might be more like 8), it seemed to suffer from the same issues that caused folks to flee it in droves but the situation only seemed worse........oh well, good riddance to all those old lame boards......

used to be on the old ESPN board -- quite a few folks from there still here now.

I guess the old ESPN Angels forum lives on but have not checked it in quite some time (as in years).

When I did check in on it last (just for grins and I  really can't remember how long ago it was, could be two years ago, might be more like 8), it seemed to suffer from the same issues that caused folks to flee it in droves but the situation only seemed worse........oh well, good riddance to all those old lame boards......

The Angels one was pretty dead from my memory. The Yankees, Mets and Red Sox forums were priceless though.