• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ok, on March 29th, 2014

Has Jerry Dipoto done enough to get an extension? All the moves he made this off season and the article we read about the minor league philosophy, I'd say yes. So before a game is played that counts, should Arte give him an extension? No fence sitters!

No. End of the years results are what matter. It's a results oriented business. I like his moves and like him personally, but business wise I would see how the season plays out.

Actually, the question is an odd one seeing that he was almost fired at the start of the offseason based on results. Signing some players isn't enough.

No.  He hasn't "done enough to get an extension."

I'd give him one, though. One year.  I like his approach.  He's made some good moves, some bad moves, and run into some bad luck.  Pujols was clearly not his idea.  Not sure Hamilton was either.  The team's W/L record is only part of the equation,.

Not yet. Last year was really, really bad for him. I like what I've seen this offseason though, especially when it comes to fixing the pitching for the present AND the future, but we need to see how things play out during the year.

things definitely seem to be more on track now though, as the FO and Sosh appear to be on the same page.

I'm ok with Dipoto finishing what he started. If you keep swapping out GMs every three years your club will never have a clear direction. I would extend his contract to be a complete 5 year run then evaluate.

I'm not saying fire him, I'm just agreeing with the few who believe we should wait and see. Like Brandon said, it's a performance driven position. And I don't believe there is a line forming to steal him from us? So waiting until the end of the year seems to be the prudent move. Yes?

Yes and no. Showing confidence in your GM sends the word to the other GMs he is here to stay to negotiate and has the backing and authority to make any deal, deals which reflect his plan. They can then look to the Angels to make deals that they know will not be dead ends, deals like St.Louis and Arizona made.

Edited by Eric Notti

Wtf hell no.

Results is what matters. It's been a complete disaster since Dipoto has been the GM.

Lets not forget what has occurred in his tenure because of a good off season.

Skaggs and Santiago could end up struggling. 
If they finish 3rd again, there should be some kind of change.

Edited by Poozy