• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Old or cancelled ESPN shows you would like to see back on

Whether you were into that beach hockey league on ESPN2 that had the ramps behind the goals, Stump the Schwab, or any of the talk shows like Jay Mohr or Mike Lupica.

I was guilty of the drama era where they had Playmakers and Tilt on the air. Playmakers was good and Tilt sucked but was about poker so it was good.

In the early 90's they had a game show where at the end or maybe during the jeopardy questions thye would do sports tasks like shoot a puck through a hole or make x amount of three pointers.

They also used to have a show where teams would go around the country and had to do tasks like mow the grass at Kauffman or catch a pass from a Dolphins QB.

I miss when they had the NHL and the best theme song as well as NHL 2 Nite.

Cheap Seats was the only non-game ESPN telecasts I thought was worth a damn.

When they showed that fat old Aculpoco cliff diver hit the water, followed by an immediate nuclear explosion, my kids and I laughed our asses off.

And the stuff with the Steve Garvey celebrity invitationals... very funny.

Wasn't Cheap Seats where they showed 1980s WWF wrestling and would comment on it like play by play announcers?

I remember watching it, but not much because it was always on super late at night.

Yes. It was kind of a Mystery Science Theater for old sports shows. 

I actually forgot to add, I liked the And1 mixtape thing where they had dudes that were guys that would work at UPS during the day or were from the hood but do Harlem Globetrotter like basketball tricks.

Same with that Madden videogame show where they had wiggers play against each other on a bus and shit talk like nerds to each other.

I actually forgot to add, I liked the And1 mixtape thing where they had dudes that were guys that would work at UPS during the day or were from the hood but do Harlem Globetrotter like basketball tricks.

Same with that Madden videogame show where they had wiggers play against each other on a bus and shit talk like nerds to each other.

haha yeah i loved their names on and1.

the nerdy white guy: the professor!!

off topic: i miss pop-up-video.

for espn is has to be nhl 2 nite. miss that show.

I remember that. They would do pop ups about the set or background info. Just random stuff like what inspired a certain lyric or something like there being a gas station pump in a music video and it would have a pop up with something like "In 1992 when 4 Non Blondes were recording their seventh studio album, Janice, was working at a Unical 76 in La Puente."

haha yeah i loved their names on and1.

the nerdy white guy: the professor!!

They actually made a videogame where the dudes from the And1 show were in the game. It was a 2-on-2 thing like NBA Jam, but you could do all the wacky dribbling and dunks, win money from your opponent, and buy an upgraded gold chain.

The Professor was dope. He had that Eminem shaved head with chopped bangs haircut that all the dudes in the midwest rock.

I take it back - there is a youtube channel that consists of video of this guy playing video games.

and...

disney just shelled out up to $950m for it.

http://recode.net/2014/03/18/what-happens-after-disney-buys-maker-studios/

pewdiepie2.png?w=640

Off topic, but it's amazing. I was reading a Forbes or WSJ article about the highest earners on Youtube and six or seven of the ten were Youtube channels for videogaming....whether reviewing or doing walkthroughs. I was blown away by how much people make doing Youtube series.

^ yep. i think there are basically a handful of people/channels that make all the money.

its like VC firms - 2% of them make 98% of the profit.

talking about the makers studio deal, buddy of mine said there are channels where chicks play computer games in pushup bras, with a camera on them.

and.. thats it. totally clothed, but with a little cleavage and lots of makeup.

they just record themselves playing WoW or Call of duty or whatever games are hot these days, and get paid because guys want to watch them.

Crazy. 

Edited by mrwicked