• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

9th Circus rules against California farmers

Starving children are not being any more fed from farm production as homeless people getting off the street by new house being built.

This is simply an untrue statement.  Many times people give out of their abundance.  In fact, right now the company I work for, since it is an agricultural co-op, is having a fundraiser that is getting grain and other foods from growers.  This food will go directly to food banks and shelters in our area.

This is simply an untrue statement.  Many times people give out of their abundance.  In fact, right now the company I work for, since it is an agricultural co-op, is having a fundraiser that is getting grain and other foods from growers.  This food will go directly to food banks and shelters in our area.

Sounds FAKE and FALSE!

I would also add that Eric's comment completely ignores the law of supply and demand.  The more supply of food there is, the price of the food will go down, making it more affordable for lower income folks.

We have such an overabundance of crops in this country from government subsidies that supply and demand went out the window years ago.

I would also add that Eric's comment completely ignores the law of supply and demand.  The more supply of food there is, the price of the food will go down, making it more affordable for lower income folks.

Production is fixed so that the margin is enough to afford to grow new crops. Your ignorance of supply and demand is showing.

Hey mt, what's the deal with ethanol subsidies these days?  Are they still pouring cash into corn?

Yes, and its really stupid.  Whenever they try to alter the market they screw everything up.  For instance this year propane shot through the roof.  A big reason for that was ethanal.  Propane is used to dry corn for ethanol.  So much of it was used to dry corn that it caused a shortage.  Propane was over 200% up from last year.

Law of unintended consequences.

LOL, I work with this stuff daily.  My father in law farms.  But you know all.  

So I am sure he is all for a glut of whatever his crop is so the market crashes that way he can't afford fuel for his tractor.

My cousin runs one of the largest ranches in Montana. The last thing he wants is to have a price war with his neighbors.

But I bow to your relative position in this field.

Yes, and its really stupid.  Whenever they try to alter the market they screw everything up.  For instance this year propane shot through the roof.  A big reason for that was ethanal.  Propane is used to dry corn for ethanol.  So much of it was used to dry corn that it caused a shortage.  Propane was over 200% up from last year.

Law of unintended consequences.

I'm still scratching my head why corn was subsidized for ethanol purposes to begin with.  Isn't sugar cane far more efficient?