• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Relocating Angels could cost up to $700 million, consultant says

I wouldn't. But let me ask you this. Since you seem so against most everything this ownership, front office, management and players do would you even care if the team left the area? It sure doesn't seem so.

I would feel bad. Seems like Disneyland and the Angels are one of the few things that give OC its own flavor. Sounds like a lot of you folks don't value that much and wouldn't really care if it left.

Like you MT, if the Angels moved away from Anaheim to another LA/OC community I would still be a fan. I would welcome a new stadium. I'm not thrilled about getting a new restaurant while Arte throws another paint job on the Big A.

Clearly you may be minimizing what kind of rennovations might be done in the stadium.  I'm not sure what Arte has done to embitter you so much.  Regardless, most Angel fans would be thrilled to get a new stadium but I don't see the organization being in that kind of situation unless the team moves.  If you look at most of the national sports teams out there, you see a kind of relationship between the local municipality and the sports team.  Hopefully its not too one sided to the sports team.

I'm not arguing that Anaheim shouldn't try to better its position but they need to come up with a final offer and stick with it.  They can't keep changing their minds like 16 year old girls deciding on a prom dress.

allowing an outside developer (like Arte) to develop the property would put the property in private hands with private investment developing the property meaning increasing property tax and presumably associated increase in sales and bed tax revenues..........

That's part of the problem with the proposal Disar.  The property tax would go to the Angels.  

Clearly you may be minimizing what kind of rennovations might be done in the stadium. I'm not sure what Arte has done to embitter you so much. Regardless, most Angel fans would be thrilled to get a new stadium but I don't see the organization being in that kind of situation unless the team moves. If you look at most of the national sports teams out there, you see a kind of relationship between the local municipality and the sports team. Hopefully its not too one sided to the sports team.

I'm not arguing that Anaheim shouldn't try to better its position but they need to come up with a final offer and stick with it. They can't keep changing their minds like 16 year old girls deciding on a prom dress.

MT I'm not upset with Arte. I like that he owns the Angels. I've met him at spring training and he's a great guy. I just don't think it's a fair and equitable deal for both sides. Arte wants the land for nothing and the bulk of the revenue. In terms of renovations to the Big A, does that mean new seats, lights, toilets and paint for the fans while state of the art luxury boxes are built for the investers.

I don't know either. Usually I don't try to think the worst of folks though. I would suggest that both sides get exact details of the deal before an agreement is made.

In the mean time I'm excited about this years team and will be rooting for them to get to the playoffs. If they can do that anything can happen.

I wouldn't.  But let me ask you this.  Since you seem so against most everything this ownership, front office, management and players do would you even care if the team left the area?  It sure doesn't seem so.

I would feel bad.  Seems like Disneyland and the Angels are one of the few things that give OC its own flavor.  Sounds like a lot of you folks don't value that much and wouldn't really care if it left.

That's quite rich.  The owner has spent the last decade trying to strip every ounce of OC identity from the team.