• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Relocating Angels could cost up to $700 million, consultant says

I wonder how much the idiots who run Anaheim paid for this "study".

I'm beginning to seriously root for Arte to move the team out of there.

Better for Arte, better surroundings for the fans, plus they can delete LA AND Anaheim from the moniker.

I like Arte for his passion for winning and creative thinking but I don't see any cities lined up to give our Angels free land and a new stadium. Tustin was BS. I think this a situation where Arte the billionaire owner is just asking for to much and threatening to take his ball and leave is just a ruse to scare some Anaheim City Council members.

The City of Industry showed some interest in our Angels but billionaire Ed Roski wasn't going to just let Arte walk in there and out billionaire him. That's where it ended. I don't believe that Arte has a real back up plan that would be as lucrative as the one that he's already enjoying. He's basically rent free as it is.

Arte will eventually get his Anaheim deal but it would have been an easier sell if our Angels had had a couple of additional championship runs. The lost playoff revenue for the COA the last four seasons is huge and doesn't help his cause and it doesn't help that he sued them. Even after all that Arte is going to get the deal of the century. Stay tuned.

The city sued Arte, not the other way around.  Thank goodness it's a different mayor/council than that era.

I'm sure they will eventually agree to a deal.  While the city doesn't want to lose the revenue, if the team was really not here and a sports team wanted to move into the area, they would bend over backwards to make a deal happen.

i don't know, maybe it's me, but i get a pay subscription pop up and redirected when i decline even on the la times. they can both suck it.

I like Arte for his passion for winning and creative thinking but I don't see any cities lined up to give our Angels free land and a new stadium. Tustin was BS. I think this a situation where Arte the billionaire owner is just asking for to much and threatening to take his ball and leave is just a ruse to scare some Anaheim City Council members.

The City of Industry showed some interest in our Angels but billionaire Ed Roski wasn't going to just let Arte walk in there and out billionaire him. That's where it ended. I don't believe that Arte has a real back up plan that would be as lucrative as the one that he's already enjoying. He's basically rent free as it is.

Arte will eventually get his Anaheim deal but it would have been an easier sell if our Angels had had a couple of additional championship runs. The lost playoff revenue for the COA the last four seasons is huge and doesn't help his cause and it doesn't help that he sued them. Even after all that Arte is going to get the deal of the century. Stay tuned.

He's not asking for both the land and the stadium.  He's willing to build the stadium he just needs the land.  I think that is a fairly equitable trade.

He's not asking for both the land and the stadium. He's willing to build the stadium he just needs the land. I think that is a fairly equitable trade.

That's to sweet of a deal. That land is worth millions and the COA should just sell it and not just give it away. If Arte moves then bring back the NFL with a multi-purpose stadium not just exclusive to baseball.

Edited by Hamiltown

That's to sweet of a deal. That land is worth millions and the COA should just sell it and not just give it away. If Arte moves then bring back the NFL with a multi-purpose stadium not just exclusive to baseball.

You think an NFL team will pay for the land and the new stadium?  They won't. 

He's not asking for both the land and the stadium.  He's willing to build the stadium he just needs the land.  I think that is a fairly equitable trade.

Except that's not what he's asking from the CoA.  

He's not only asking for the land, but all property tax monies that the land creates.  

Except that's not what he's asking from the CoA.

He's not only asking for the land, but all property tax monies that the land creates.

That's correct. It's just too sweet a deal to give him exclusively. Arte has free rent and gets most of the parking revenue already. The COA really doesn't get much directly from the Angels. Revenue from surrounding restaurants is questionable. Lots of non-baseball fans eat in those places. The Honda Center draws lots of those people to. Edited by Hamiltown

only place this works with those kind of numbers -- if they are even close to being right -- is downtown Los Angeles.

news this week that the Governor is backing an effort/ legislation/ administrative action to partially bring back redevelopment type financing -- no details yet -- but if that's the case -- the City of Los Angeles will be the first in line......it's really only that kind of financing that could something like this done -- combined with some private sources etc.

Getting a private source consortium to fund something like this in full is unlikely.

best option is for Angels to stay put but there's no incentive for City of Anaheim to do much and now they seem to be back-tracking on an offer the city did seem to make to Arte and the Angels.

lot of mis-trust between Angels and City of Anaheim, apparently, not the best situation/relationship for forging an agreement for the future.......... 

as for the NFL -- they've got such leverage with their product that the NFL demands public financing participation as part of any deal they make.......and that's not happening.

although NFL will continue to hold up LA and a straw man in order to increase the offers from other suitors for an NFL franchise.......

the sell out of the LA Coliseum to USC for the foreseeable future probably takes the LA Coliseum Board out of blocking any site other than the LA Coliseum -- something they've been good at for the past two/three decades.......hard to say.

That's correct. It's just too sweet a deal to give him exclusively. Arte has free rent and gets most of the parking revenue already. The COA really doesn't get much directly from the Angels. Revenue from surrounding restaurants is questionable. Lots of non-baseball fans eat in those places. The Honda Center draws lots of those people to.

True also Arte wants to change the ticket revenue base from 2.6 million ? of which COA gets 2 dollah to 3 million (IIRC from Sunday's OCR). I think Arte is bluffing about looking elsewhere.

Excerpts (sp)

Moreno said Friday that negotiations for a new lease for Angel Stadium are "at a stalemate." He is clearly frustrated by Anaheim Mayor Tom Tait's reluctance to accept a proposal in which the Angels would spend $150 million to renovate the stadium in exchange for a 66-year, $1-a-year lease to develop 155 acres of land in the parking lot. [2080???]

Moreno said when the Walt Disney Co. spent $118 million to return the stadium to a baseball-only facility in 1996, no work was done to the infrastructure.

"All the plumbing, electrical and concrete is original," Moreno said. "Last year, we had a pipe burst that flooded the clubhouse. We've had electrical problems. It will cost between $125 million and $150 million to keep the stadium serviceable through 2029."

The team's current lease expires in 2029, but an out clause allows the Angels to leave any time between October of 2016 and October of 2019 with 12 months notice. Moreno said it would take four to five years to complete the process to build a new stadium.

The city of Anaheim should shit or get off the pot. If they want to develop the land then do it. If not, give it to Arte so he can develop it. I can tell you that that land will be almost worthless if the Angels leave. If the city of LA can't get a group together to get an NFL team, I doubt Anaheim will be able too. If the city loses the Angels they truly have no one to blame but themselves. I don't blame them for losing the Rams, but if they lose both the Rams and Angels that will be pathetic.

The city of Anaheim should shit or get off the pot. If they want to develop the land then do it. If not, give it to Arte so he can develop it. I can tell you that that land will be almost worthless if the Angels leave. If the city of LA can't get a group together to get an NFL team, I doubt Anaheim will be able too. If the city loses the Angels they truly have no one to blame but themselves. I don't blame them for losing the Rams, but if they lose both the Rams and Angels that will be pathetic.

66 years is ridiculous. Life of the lease  however...

OC real estate is worth more than that now that the crisis is over. Boom! Give it away?!?

They still have the Ducks....

I doubt it will become worthless.  If the Angels leave, Disney will be there with open arms to buy up the 150ish acres.  That's way too much land, in Disneylands backyard to be available at one time.