• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S5 announced

Vladfan

• 3 weeks later...

S4 is definitely better than the note 2.  Faster, higher quality screen, better camera.

Anyway my take on the Note is that if you think you would use a stylus with your phone then it is really sweet, otherwise it is pretty pointless when the S series is there.

I'm going to get the Note 3 for $350. It seems to have more processing power, or is quicker than the S4. The dude was trying to talk me into waiting for the S5, but I can take this shitty temp Go Phone. I prefer the big screen because I watch a ton of stuff on my phone and reading.

On a side note, that new mobile plan they have that is essentially leasing a phone is bullshit. It's $27 or $36 extra a month and is suppose to be cool because you can upgrade at anytime. However, it's $486 using the Note 3 as an example, but just buying it with the new contract you are going to get anyway is $350.

It is all about Tmobile man.  They do the same thing except you own the phone.  For example the Note 3 is 29 dollars a month for the two year contract, once the two years is up they just stop charging you the 29 dollars.  If you upgrade any time within that period you just have to pay the current phone off or you can trade it in to pay it off or part of the balance.

Not to mention that Tmobile is way cheaper than ATT.  We are switching as soon as the S5 comes out.

It is BS right now cause my wife has had the same phone for 4 years yet with ATT/Verizon you still pay the subsidized price for the plan.

It is all about Tmobile man.  They do the same thing except you own the phone.  For example the Note 3 is 29 dollars a month for the two year contract, once the two years is up they just stop charging you the 29 dollars.  If you upgrade any time within that period you just have to pay the current phone off or you can trade it in to pay it off or part of the balance.

Not to mention that Tmobile is way cheaper than ATT.  We are switching as soon as the S5 comes out.

It is BS right now cause my wife has had the same phone for 4 years yet with ATT/Verizon you still pay the subsidized price for the plan.

Can you elaborate on this? The dude working with me was trying to explain how consumers paying for phones after their contracts are up as he was trying to push me towards this lease thing.

The whole thing doesn't make sense to me. You pay for the phone straight up, you pay a subsidized cost with a two year contract, or you lease a phone for a year and a half. The only numbers I didn't punch up were buying straight up compared to the other two.

Can you elaborate on this? The dude working with me was trying to explain how consumers paying for phones after their contracts are up as he was trying to push me towards this lease thing.

The whole thing doesn't make sense to me. You pay for the phone straight up, you pay a subsidized cost with a two year contract, or you lease a phone for a year and a half. The only numbers I didn't punch up were buying straight up compared to the other two.

ATT/Verizon build in the cost of the phone into their plans.  The difference is, once you have hit the two years they don't drop the price of your plan, they just make you eligible to upgrade again.  ATT/Verizon do have their new early upgrade payment plans, but you end up paying 2.5x the cost of the phone over the two year contract.

On Tmo basically you pay for the two years then they drop the cost of the phone off there until you choose to get a new phone, or if you have your own phone already they just don't include it.

On ATT, you could bring your own phone and the cost of the plan is still exactly the same as a person who bought a brand new phone 600 dollar phone for 200 bucks on contract.

Edited by nate

Yeah, that's why I was confused. I have had the same plan with ATT since the Cingular days in the early 2000s, I had no clue why he was talking about the price of the phone in my plan since it's been the same rate for over 10 years and it's not going to change. I'm basically getting a discounted phone for signing up for two years that I would do/need anyway since my rate is the same. Makes sense though with new plans.

This dude was all over the map and seemed to leave out important info. He kept saying I could get a Note 3 for $58 (free phone paying the tax) then when I go to pay he starts talking about that stupid lease program.

I'll look online, but may go back to him because after rejecting his bullshit he is going to add some discount (probably 10% off the phone and any accessories I want, but don't need).....this came up after my chick mentioned walking across the street to Walmart because they only tax on the discounted phone rate, but ATT taxes on the new price thus it's more. This also prompted some response about warranties.

Phone dudes are scummy.

I went and checked it out at Best Buy yesterday and I was impressed. I thought the screen was beautiful and I liked the new "flat" look to the graphics. The security leash was so short on the thing that it was difficult to check out the camera, which is a big selling point for me. The only color they had was a white one which I liked. I wasn't sure if I would like the back battery cover with the band-aid like dimples but I actually thought it looked and felt good.

I also checked out the new Gear Fit and it was awesome. I think I will be getting that along with the S5 when Verizon decides that they are going to carry it.

I have the S4 w/Gear and my wife has the S3 w/Gear and we both feel that the Gear is a drain on the phone's battery because of the Bluetooth.

However both of use have external chargers and spare batteries. When the phone gets low just swap batteries. This is the #1 most important feature for me and the reason I won't go to iPhone. I hate having to tether my phone to a charging cable.

Just a better form factor.  I might get a Gear 2 Neo.  I am going to wait though to see what other watches come out.

The Gear Fit does most of what the other watches does, it is just in band form instead of watch form.  It costs the same as the Neo.

I've had the S2 since launch. Didn't think the S3 was much of an improvement and the size of the S4 drew me away. Was hoping the S5 was going to be more compact, but is actually bigger! So I still have my S2 and might just buy another one for like $80.

FYI there was a S4 mini and there is going to be a S5 mini.  They are closer to 4-4.5 inches.

Got mine.  Have a simple home screen setup.

I do have a question for Android pros, my facebook notifications are not showing in the status bar, any idea how to get them to?  I looked through the settings and couldn't find an option.

Screenshot_2014-04-12-09-43-43.png