• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S5 announced

Vladfan

• 4 months later...

I am going back to an iPhone as soon as I am done paying this phone off.

The S5 is nice in a lot of ways, I love the screen, and in general I love Android's customization.

Few problems though, for one thing when ever I travel in and out of reception range my phone just starts draining battery, to the point that it gets hot.  When I was traveling last month my phone went from 100% to 50% without any use in a couple hours.  I have to constantly reboot it every time it happens.  Sometimes rebooting only helps for an hour or less.  I tried flashing to total stock with no third party apps to see if that was the problem but nope, nothing seems to fix it.  I also have issues when I go out of reception range and then back in the phone doesn't reconnect to the network and unless someone tells me I have no idea.  So all my text messages and calls don't come through until I reboot.  I suspect some of these problems are due to Tmo, who I am also leaving as soon as I can.

Apps constantly crash and some stuff just isn't intuitive.  For example on an iPhone if you want to share a picture it is so easy, all pictures are in your gallery, click share and you are done.  I don't have to search through folders to figure out which one this photo app decided to use.

The bloatware and Touchwiz totally ruin the phone.  I use Nova to get away from Touhwiz but my god its so ****ing annoying.  App updates coming from 10 different places, etc.

I will miss a lot about the phone, especially the widgets and customization, but more than anything I need my phone to work as a phone and this one doesn't half the time.  By the time this phone is paid off the 6S Plus or whatever they will call it will be out so I will just get one of those.

I honestly wish they would put out a stock android phone with beast specs.  Seems like all of the Nexus phones are watered down tech.

I am going back to an iPhone as soon as I am done paying this phone off.

The S5 is nice in a lot of ways, I love the screen, and in general I love Android's customization.

Few problems though, for one thing when ever I travel in and out of reception range my phone just starts draining battery, to the point that it gets hot.  When I was traveling last month my phone went from 100% to 50% without any use in a couple hours.  I have to constantly reboot it every time it happens.  Sometimes rebooting only helps for an hour or less.  I tried flashing to total stock with no third party apps to see if that was the problem but nope, nothing seems to fix it.  I also have issues when I go out of reception range and then back in the phone doesn't reconnect to the network and unless someone tells me I have no idea.  So all my text messages and calls don't come through until I reboot.  I suspect some of these problems are due to Tmo, who I am also leaving as soon as I can.

Apps constantly crash and some stuff just isn't intuitive.  For example on an iPhone if you want to share a picture it is so easy, all pictures are in your gallery, click share and you are done.  I don't have to search through folders to figure out which one this photo app decided to use.

The bloatware and Touchwiz totally ruin the phone.  I use Nova to get away from Touhwiz but my god its so ****ing annoying.  App updates coming from 10 different places, etc.

I will miss a lot about the phone, especially the widgets and customization, but more than anything I need my phone to work as a phone and this one doesn't half the time.  By the time this phone is paid off the 6S Plus or whatever they will call it will be out so I will just get one of those.

I honestly wish they would put out a stock android phone with beast specs.  Seems like all of the Nexus phones are watered down tech.

From what I read about battery drain, and it might not fix your issue.  But I read in an article of why Iphones need 1 gb, while Android phones need 3 gb to fun effectively.  And the reason they pointed to was not android, but Java.  Seems Java has a huge memory leak in it, where even if you close a program, it continues to ghost in the ram.  Of course if you keep burning your ram, your phone will drain faster.

I have found that if I reset my phone just before going to sleep, I use half the power that I would if I didn't reset the phone.  

As for the reception.  Yeah, probably more with Tmobile than the phone.  Every phone I've had, if you go out of range, it'll drain quickly.  But did you check your advanced settings under wifi?  Maybe you have something funky there like always allow scanning turned on?