• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S5 announced

Vladfan

I didn't like SwiftKey.  I appreciate that it indexes social media, etc to come up with predictions but after you type a word, before you type another, it gives you a suggestion for the next word, instead of keeping up the predictions for the word you just typed.  Got annoying having to tap on the word I just typed constantly if I wanted to change it.

For those of you with the GS5, Touchwiz had a google search widget that let you just say "OK Google" when ever that desktop was active to open search.  Do you know how to add that on Nova?  The ones for Nova seem to require you to click the voice button instead.

I didn't like SwiftKey.  I appreciate that it indexes social media, etc to come up with predictions but after you type a word, before you type another, it gives you a suggestion for the next word, instead of keeping up the predictions for the word you just typed.  Got annoying having to tap on the word I just typed constantly if I wanted to change it.

For those of you with the GS5, Touchwiz had a google search widget that let you just say "OK Google" when ever that desktop was active to open search.  Do you know how to add that on Nova?  The ones for Nova seem to require you to click the voice button instead.

The " OK Google" feature doesn't work with Nova Launcher. Everything I have read seems to confirm that. Hopefully there will be an update to fix that. I miss that feature.

So this is a bit off topic but after watching the iOS8 keynote the only thing that they added that I wish the GS5 could do is the notification and lock screen upgrades.  By that I mean any time a notification comes up you can just pull it down and quick reply.  Same with the lockscreen, you can quick reply and do a bunch of stuff.  Samsung doesn't let us do shit on the lock screen which is really annoying.

The rest of the iOS8 stuff was pretty lolable.

edit:  I did get NiLS and NiLS Floating Panel for notifications on my lock screen.  It isn't perfect but it works.

Edited by nate

So this is a bit off topic but after watching the iOS8 keynote the only thing that they added that I wish the GS5 could do is the notification and lock screen upgrades.  By that I mean any time a notification comes up you can just pull it down and quick reply.  Same with the lockscreen, you can quick reply and do a bunch of stuff.  Samsung doesn't let us do shit on the lock screen which is really annoying.

The rest of the iOS8 stuff was pretty lolable.

edit:  I did get NiLS and NiLS Floating Panel for notifications on my lock screen.  It isn't perfect but it works.

Just install peek!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jedga.peek

You'll have full control of this kind of stuff.

Edited by RallyMo

Can't use it with the fingerprint scanner though can you?

I actually like NiLS more.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roymam.android.nilsplus

I dunno. I'm a big fan of the active notification ability. I had the Moto X active notifications on a ROM on my Galaxy Nexus and loved it. I still haven't tried anything like that on the G2. Hell, I haven't even bothered to root it.

Samsung’s first premium phone may go head-to-head with the iPhone 6 this September

@evleaks also showed some purportedly leaked pics of the Galaxy F earlier this week and they revealed what looked a lot like a Galaxy S5 with a nice metal case that’s a stark departure from Samsung’s standard plastic fare. Rumored specs for the Galaxy F include a 5.3-inch quad-HD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, a 16-megapixel camera, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, LTE-Advanced support, microSD support and Android 4.4.3 KitKat.

Edited by Redondo