• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sources: Duo will plead guilty in Bryan Stow beating

fan_since79

""The years you spend in prison is what you cretins deserve," he said as Sanchez smirked at him."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10489372/two-men-admit-guilt-dodger-stadium-attack-bryan-stow

This is still tough to read to this day. What makes it worse is that the coward that sliced up Stow's face was smirking at the judge when getting his sentence. I think the judge wasn't happy with the sentencing, but has to go along with the plea.

Judges don't have to go with a plea and can kick it back, but generally when the DA puts the plea together (which is almost all cases) they accept it if it atleast meets minimum requirements. I've seen cases kicked back and I've seen the same thing where the judge almost reluctantly signs off.

I hope the Stow family rakes in a ton of dough from Mcourt......not that it will fix the brokeness. 

The Dodgers issued a statement saying "we are pleased that the culpable parties have finally accepted responsibility for their actions and have been sentenced for their crimes."

The Dodgers are dodging their part in this.

Marvin Norwood was taken into federal custody and is being held without bail pending his trial on federal weapons violations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/man-admitted-giants-fan-beating-051954363--mlb.html

U.S. Magistrate Judge Frederick Mumm's decision Wednesday stopped the pending release of Marvin Norwood, who was sentenced to four years in prison for the beating of Brian Stow. The sentence came last week and with credit for time served, he could have been freed soon.

According to City News Service, Mumm said Norwood was a danger to the community and a flight risk and should be held pending trial.

Edited by fan_since79

Marvin Norwood was taken into federal custody and is being held without bail pending his trial on federal weapons violations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/man-admitted-giants-fan-beating-051954363--mlb.html

U.S. Magistrate Judge Frederick Mumm's decision Wednesday stopped the pending release of Marvin Norwood, who was sentenced to four years in prison for the beating of Brian Stow. The sentence came last week and with credit for time served, he could have been freed soon.

According to City News Service, Mumm said Norwood was a danger to the community and a flight risk and should be held pending trial.

One thing (maybe the only thing) I love about the federal government is that it generally doesn't screw around with respect to legal matters.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy receive a harsher penalty in the federal proceedings than he did in the state proceedings. 

• 5 years later...
40 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

"Garcia claims he was sitting in section 309 with a few friends and he wore a Los Angeles Angels jersey to the game."

Hopefully this technicality doesn't ruin hos case.

Especially since he was clearly wearing a periwinkle-blue Disney Angels jersey.

It’s been a while( Barry Bonds was playing), but I was at Dodger stadium for one of their games against the Giants and saw a group of Giants fans have their belongings taken from them and destroyed/tossed aside.  They were also physically assaulted (not that grabbing someone’s shit isn’t physical assault) 

it was quite a commotion and Dodger stadium security didn’t do shit.  I honestly couldn’t believe it.  Who knows where the LAPD was.  Not around I guess. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Just as a correction in regards to some of the earlier posts. Violent felonies require an inmate to serve 87% of their sentence in CA. 

I am not sure this is 100 percent accurate. It probably is as to some violent felonies, but not all. And even if true, 87 percent of a short sentence is still a short sentence.