• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sources: Duo will plead guilty in Bryan Stow beating

fan_since79

Law enforcement sources familiar with the case told NBC News that under the proposed plea agreement, Louie Sanchez, 31, and Marvin Norwood, 32, are expected to be sentenced to eight years and four years, respectively, in state prison for their roles in the assault on Bryan Stow, a Santa Cruz, Calif., paramedic and father of two. Each of the men is expected to face a federal weapons charge after serving their sentences.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/sources-duo-plead-guilty-2011-beating-s-f-giants-fan-n34246

Edited by fan_since79

So they will actually serve half of their sentences for "good behavior" (I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend why California operates this way; just sentence them to the actual amount of time you want them to serve).  And I assume they will get credit for time served.  Since Norwood got arrested almost three years ago (and I assume, again, has been in custody since that time), he will probably see the light of day this year, with Mr. Sanchez getting out sometime next year. 

So they will actually serve half of their sentences for "good behavior" (I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend why California operates this way; just sentence them to the actual amount of time you want them to serve).  And I assume they will get credit for time served.  Since Norwood got arrested almost three years ago (and I assume, again, has been in custody since that time), he will probably see the light of day this year, with Mr. Sanchez getting out sometime next year. 

They'll face federal weapons charges when they get out. Hopefully there will be a few more years tacked on, and in federal prison there is no parole.

This probably does make a lot of sense.  it's 2 years since this happened.  If the evidence was a slam dunk, it would have been prosecuted by now.  They probably have them on a bunch of circumstantial evidence.

But considering they arrested the wrong guy, after the witnesses pointed that he was the one that did it.  There is probably enough reasonable doubt to not risk wanting to take it to court.

While I'm not happy that that's all they got, it's probably better than the alternative of them going to court, and possibly walking out free.  

Because not everyone conducts good behavior.

This probably does make a lot of sense.  it's 2 years since this happened.  If the evidence was a slam dunk, it would have been prosecuted by now.  They probably have them on a bunch of circumstantial evidence.

But considering they arrested the wrong guy, after the witnesses pointed that he was the one that did it.  There is probably enough reasonable doubt to not risk wanting to take it to court.

While I'm not happy that that's all they got, it's probably better than the alternative of them going to court, and possibly walking out free.  

Yes and no.

The longer it goes the more you probably have a chance to get off as nothing is concrete.

The key to the plea deal is time served. These guys wll be out soon. To them, they've already done a lot of time. Take the deal and do just a little bit more than the possibility of it going to trial and doing a lot more time.

I just saw a recent photo of Norwood - total white trash, looks like a white supremacist.  I hope to God someone stabs him and then kicks his teeth in as he bleeds out on a sidewalk in Rialto.  The world would be better served if he didn't exist.  And I am sure Sanchez is just as bad, seeing as how he fought Stow because apparently his chica had been disrespected. 

Yes and no.

The longer it goes the more you probably have a chance to get off as nothing is concrete.

The key to the plea deal is time served. These guys wll be out soon. To them, they've already done a lot of time. Take the deal and do just a little bit more than the possibility of it going to trial and doing a lot more time.

you are absolutely correct.

Edited by ukyah

Every state I know of gives inmates credit for time served for any time they spent in the county jail awaiting trial. So take that off the top of whatever they are sentenced to.

""The years you spend in prison is what you cretins deserve," he said as Sanchez smirked at him."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10489372/two-men-admit-guilt-dodger-stadium-attack-bryan-stow

This is still tough to read to this day. What makes it worse is that the coward that sliced up Stow's face was smirking at the judge when getting his sentence. I think the judge wasn't happy with the sentencing, but has to go along with the plea.