• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where are all of the cheap tickets?

For those of you that purchased tickets from STUBHUB, this means YOU!!!  The Angels DENIED ENTRY TO ANYONE with a PDF printout that was purchased thru stubhub last night, and we were given notices that you had to get a refund from Stubhub. 

Wow! I'm guessing many people are going to be having that problem. 

For those of you that purchased tickets from STUBHUB, this means YOU!!!  The Angels DENIED ENTRY TO ANYONE with a PDF printout that was purchased thru stubhub last night, and we were given notices that you had to get a refund from Stubhub. 

That is not accurate. You can sell PDF tickets on Stubhub that were bought online at the Angels website or PDF tickets that were forwarded from an Angel Account holder.

People can and will create fake looking PDF tickets but if bought on stubhub you are guaranteed protection as a buyer. If your ticket is invalid it's not your fault and you will get your money back from StubHub via their FanProtection policy. They do go through validation on Sellers as sellers have to validate accounts via Credit Cards.  I have been charged for mistakes before. A few years back I accidentally sold tickets on ticketexchange for a Ducks game that I forgot I had also sold on Stubhub and it cost me a lot of money to pay for that mistake.

This week I have had limited success selling my 427 seats on Ticketexchange for the minimum amount of $12 and I found I could then forward PDF tickets to myself and list them on StubHub. On Thursday I listed my 427 seats and my Club MVP seats and sold PDF versions for more than I was asking on ticketexchange in less than 5 minutes after listing. Tickets are scarce on Stubhub and ticket sales shut off 7 hours before gametime on ticketexchance leaving sellers in a bind and buyers the only choice to either buy expensive tickets on StubHub or expensive tickets at the Angels website. If you understand the meaning behind the previous sentance then you understand why the Angels did this. It' more money for them in walk up sales. It screws the specific season ticket holders who can only afford to carry season tickets by having to sell a certain quantity. If these season ticket holders bail on them next year it may even be worse as tickets for sale on the aftermarket will become even more scarce.

That is not accurate. You can sell PDF tickets on Stubhub that were bought online at the Angels website or PDF tickets that were forwarded from an Angel Account holder.

People can and will create fake looking PDF tickets but if bought on stubhub you are guaranteed protection as a buyer. If your ticket is invalid it's not your fault and you will get your money back from StubHub via their FanProtection policy. They do go through validation on Sellers as sellers have to validate accounts via Credit Cards.  I have been charged for mistakes before. A few years back I accidentally sold tickets on ticketexchange for a Ducks game that I forgot I had also sold on Stubhub and it cost me a lot of money to pay for that mistake.

This week I have had limited success selling my 427 seats on Ticketexchange for the minimum amount of $12 and I found I could then forward PDF tickets to myself and list them on StubHub. On Thursday I listed my 427 seats and my Club MVP seats and sold PDF versions for more than I was asking on ticketexchange in less than 5 minutes after listing. Tickets are scarce on Stubhub and ticket sales shut off 7 hours before gametime on ticketexchance leaving sellers in a bind and buyers the only choice to either buy expensive tickets on StubHub or expensive tickets at the Angels website. If you understand the meaning behind the previous sentance then you understand why the Angels did this. It' more money for them in walk up sales. It screws the specific season ticket holders who can only afford to carry season tickets by having to sell a certain quantity. If these season ticket holders bail on them next year it may even be worse as tickets for sale on the aftermarket will become even more scarce.

She works there, I'm guessing she has to be pretty accurate

She works there, I'm guessing she has to be pretty accurate

Not being disrespectful to her but I still don't think she is accurate.

I sold all my Thursday games on Stubhub using forwarded tickets from my season seat account  (3 sets of PDF's). If there was an issue I guarantee Stubhub would have contacted me by now because StubHub is the one that validates PDF tickets as you upload them and they would put a stop to that if no PDF's tickets were accepted by the Angels.

The Angels can't distinguish between PDF tickets someone buys online and downloads to their computer then uploads them to Stubhub for sale. It's the same original PDF file when someone buys it on Stubhub. The Angels have no way of knowing what specific seats were sold on stubhub and whether the PDF has moved to Stubhub for sale.

What you can't do it Scan that Printed ticket and reissue it. It will be caught by Stubhub as a scanned ticket versus an original issued PDF. Someone buying on Craigslist would not know the difference though.

Not being disrespectful to her but I still don't think she is accurate.

I sold all my Thursday games on Stubhub using forwarded tickets from my season seat account  (3 sets of PDF's). If there was an issue I guarantee Stubhub would have contacted me by now because StubHub is the one that validates PDF tickets as you upload them and they would put a stop to that if no PDF's tickets were accepted by the Angels.

The Angels can't distinguish between PDF tickets someone buys online and downloads to their computer then uploads them to Stubhub for sale. It's the same original PDF file when someone buys it on Stubhub. The Angels have no way of knowing what specific seats were sold on stubhub and whether the PDF has moved to Stubhub for sale.

What you can't do it Scan that Printed ticket and reissue it. It will be caught by Stubhub as a scanned ticket versus an original issued PDF. Someone buying on Craigslist would not know the difference though.

I understand what you are saying, but also know that you are LIMITED as to how many times you can forward your season seats to ANYONE. Last I heard, it was 10 times.  Once you've done the 10 times thing, you won't be able to forward any more tickets and get the PDF files.  We had over 50 people come to the windows Thursday night after they were denied entry into the stadium with Stubhub PDF tickets, and that was just while I was there.  MAYBE not yours, but others...  The note we got, and the same one that the ticket takers are giving to people whose tickets are denied entry says that they can go to the box office and purchase another ticket, but then have to take their problem to Stubhub, because we are not responsible for their tickets.  People may NOT have had time to get to stubhub yet, which is why you may not have heard anything as of yet, but that's the "official" story. 

I do not know how these people got PDF tickets. I am not in on that part. I just know that every one of those 50 people(and who knows how many other tickets each one of those 50 had purchased) were denied entry into the stadium and either went home or bought new tickets and has to deal with Stubhub. 

I understand what you are saying, but also know that you are LIMITED as to how many times you can forward your season seats to ANYONE. Last I heard, it was 10 times.  Once you've done the 10 times thing, you won't be able to forward any more tickets and get the PDF files.  We had over 50 people come to the windows Thursday night after they were denied entry into the stadium with Stubhub PDF tickets, and that was just while I was there.  MAYBE not yours, but others...  The note we got, and the same one that the ticket takers are giving to people whose tickets are denied entry says that they can go to the box office and purchase another ticket, but then have to take their problem to Stubhub, because we are not responsible for their tickets.  People may NOT have had time to get to stubhub yet, which is why you may not have heard anything as of yet, but that's the "official" story. 

I do not know how these people got PDF tickets. I am not in on that part. I just know that every one of those 50 people(and who knows how many other tickets each one of those 50 had purchased) were denied entry into the stadium and either went home or bought new tickets and has to deal with Stubhub. 

I went to that game with a PDF from Stubhub and had no problem getting in. Like Nowani said, the Angels have no way to tell wether a forwarded ticket came from a SSH friend or Stubhub. The only difference could be if some people are creating a PDF by copying a hard ticket to avoid a transfer quota.

Patti, it might also be a scam.  I was involved in one a few years ago, which is why I will never ever buy hard tickets from a non reputable source.  the tickets I bought at the time was a "friend of a friends brother."  Thing that sucked was his brother went with his kid.  But it was stolen/misplaced season seats, so we had no idea that the tickets were voided.  Tickets looked and were legit.  

This is what might be happening now.  (See the Sports Challet Gift Cards from the old boards).  Someone has a ticket.  Knows that the way the system works now, the bar codes aren't changed per seller.  Stub Hub vallidates that the bar code is valid.  Doesn't mean they can't sell it to 10 different people.  

Pretty much, what the Angels have created is the old scalpers nightmare situation.  And the one's that will prosper is the Angels and the scalpers.  Leaving the consumer screwed. 

I don't know how they tell, just that the 50 people that came to the window and complained all had PDF's from Stubhub. How they got the PDF's from stubhub, not a clue. I just know what I am told at work when they hand me a printout.

I went to that game with a PDF from Stubhub and had no problem getting in. Like Nowani said, the Angels have no way to tell wether a forwarded ticket came from a SSH friend or Stubhub. The only difference could be if some people are creating a PDF by copying a hard ticket to avoid a transfer quota.

What could be happening is

I don't know how they tell, just that the 50 people that came to the window and complained all had PDF's from Stubhub. How they got the PDF's from stubhub, not a clue. I just know what I am told at work when they hand me a printout.

It's an interesting problem and with a new system this year, those who scam will be trying to take advantage of this. For me personally it's sad for so many including the Angel Organization. Stubhub's greed and lack of concern for ticket dumping caused all this in my opinion. However, that being said their system is very good as far as ease of use for both Buyer and Seller.

I was probably the most exited person when I saw the new TicketExchange program as the 5% seller charge is vey reasonable and the floor pricing on ticket I think is fair. The problem thus far is with the system iteself. Not being able to sell tickets up to game time is not acceptable. It's also difficult to list and manage a large number of games. Also, cutting sales 7 hours prior to game start leaves a lot of sellers in a bind as many many buyers wait until the last minute. Hopefully that will change as buyers realize there are no more deals to be had. Or perhaps more and more people go to places like Craigslist where the chance of fraud is highest.

I really think this is going to be a field day for the fraudsters because of the increase in ticket prices on the secondary market. People will no longer buy cheap ticekts on StubHub but will buy them from strangers and not realize they bought an invalid ticket.

Personally, from what I have heard so far from friends that are season seat holders, their complaint is that 7 hour window prior to the game. That's what I see also as the biggest problem that the Angels will have to overcome with TE. There has to be a way for the sales to end closer to game time, or it's really going to make things hard for both the sellers and the Angels.  There has to be some way to make that cutoff for sales a lot closer to game time-- like it is with Stubhub, and even TM sales of tickets thru the Angels website itself.  It's going to have to be a work in progress for them. 

I actually don't mind the 7 hour cutoff time. I can now decide if I'll go or not well before the game. I go to ones I don't sell. I also give them to friends, which I can now do 7 hours early. I imagine as soon as buyers realize the cut off time they'll adjust their purchasing habits.

Well, if that is the case with StubHub. I suppose I won't be going to basically no games at all. I haven't had a chance to look at the TE but the 7 hour cutoff is an automatic no for my boyfriend and I. We bother work a fair distant apart from each other, and we don't currently live together. So whenever we have a chance to go to a game, most of the time we purchase the tickets last minute because we don't know what our schedule for work will be till Friday nights each week. We already have two tickets bought for the Mike Trout Bobblehead and Blanket night. And we were hoping to get some tickets for my birthday. But I guess that might not happen now. Oh well.