• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where are all of the cheap tickets?

Price fixing for the win.   

Let's put it this way.  A seat costs a season ticket holder $15.  He can't go to the game.  Before, he would list it at $15, and someone else would then list it at $14, then someone at $13.  You would get a price war, and someone would then drop it to $12, and so on and so forth.  Because you want the lowest price, since that's what people are buying at.  

Now, the lowest price is fixed at $15, or whatever the Angels has fixed it at.  So you go to stubhub, and they won't beat it by much, since the going market is at $15, and there is no real competition to drop it further.  Those who use ticketmasters ticket exchange will only find it at the minimum of $15.  So at that point, you are now wondering if you are paying that much, you might as well look for location of the seats.  

Eventually, you will wait for the prices to go down, and season ticket holders will then find that the Angels control the floor, so the Angels will probably start undercutting the days leading up to the event, leaving the SSH's scrambling to keep up with the dynamic pricing.  

I know the StubHub deal is up, but where are the deals for tickets this year?  I've looked everywhere and can't even find good deals for the preseason games vs. the Dodgers.

I know the cheapest ticket I have sold for that game is $10..  And there are some games at the stadium in April that have tickets as low as $4.. but don't expect deals on ANY night with a giveaway featuring Mike Trout-- the lowest ticket for the bobblehead on the 13th is $25!!  And the cheapest opening day ticket right now is $44-- to sit in section 533!!!   I haven't heard anything about ticket prices going down as of yet, either, and we should get a printout, since there will be a special code to sell those..

I have found the best deals on Craigslist. There are enough of them listed, especially on game days or the day before, that there always seems to be at least one option that I am able to stop by someone's home or office and pick up the tickets personally without going out of my way.

No surcharges, no ticketbastard..

Since I am now living in No Cal, figure it is time to give out my secret place for spur of the moment seats.

Have also gotten phone numbers of STH's that way, and have picked up thier seats at other times that they couldn't make games.

Give it a shot. It works.

Prices seem cheap for a lot of games on stubhub...the price you see on there is now the price you pay per ticket (no extra fees when checking out so if it says $7 per ticket it really is $7 per ticket unlike before where a $1 ticket would cost $10 by the time you check out).

Prices seem cheap for a lot of games on stubhub...the price you see on there is now the price you pay per ticket (no extra fees when checking out so if it says $7 per ticket it really is $7 per ticket unlike before where a $1 ticket would cost $10 by the time you check out).

Until you get to redsox/yankees/cards or most promotional games.  I'm not liking the shipping delay by some sellers (i.e., receipt 2 days before the game).

I have 16 season seats which I resale. I don't make much money off these but they do help pay for my nice club seats which always lose a few thousand dollars per year. This year is different. The Angels are trying to manipulate the market floor like GotBeer mentions and they pretty much have succeded.

Here is the problem and here is my prediction. People like me who carry season tickets and can't afford them unless they are resold will no longer be able to afford them. The reason is that I rely on cheaper sales. Around 70% of my games I would sell below my cost otherwise I would eat the entire cost of the ticket. This is why you saw so many cheap seats on stub hub last year. The Angels have capped TicketExchange to not allow ticekts to be sold below cost. So that will affect 70% of my tickets unless customers are willing to pay more.

My prediction is people will not be willing to pay more and they will just stay home and watch on TV. I think you will see a lot of empty seats this year for the low demand games as season ticket holder like me will not be able to sell them and the seat will go unused.

I have been informed that Ticket exchange will close 7 hours before game time moving forward. It appears some tickets did not get pulled and the site stayed working for a small amount of tickets much later today than the Angels had planned, therefore Katie Scored.My seats were removed around 4:30 this morning. I hope they move the closing time to between 2 - 4 hours

There still may be some hope for StubHub .  They are offering tickets all the way up to game time.   They also opened up a dedicated office at 2400 E. Katella #160 to pick up and drop off tickets  in the same lot as Hooters, right behind the train station. 

Theoretically you might get the best prices driving down there an hour or 2 before game time and then buying tickets off your phone/ipad in the lot then just pick them up inside. Not sure if they have computers inside to buy from like they do in NYC.

bump

from angels:

With the concern over non-authenticated tickets offered on other resale platforms and having to wait to receive them electronically, you can choose express mail or pick up in person. But who wants to wait, to pay additional express mail fees to wait extra days to receive tickets or worse, having to drive to an inconvenient designated pick up location away from the venue only to pay for last minute pick up service fees? Nothing instant or convenient about these options.

1. The Angels WILL NOT accept non-team issued or unauthenticated PDF of scans, photo images, or copies of paper tickets or ticket printouts.
2. Buyers using non-team issued or unauthenticated PDF tickets will be denied access into Angel Stadium, when the barcode fails to register.
3. Buyer will need to seek assistance from their origin of purchase. NO assistance will be available at Angel Stadium.

Buy direct from the Angels Ticket Exchange and avoid the uncertainty that your tickets will be valid or save yourself time and fees of having to wait for delivery of tickets. :ph34r: 

bump

from angels:

With the concern over non-authenticated tickets offered on other resale platforms and having to wait to receive them electronically, you can choose express mail or pick up in person. But who wants to wait, to pay additional express mail fees to wait extra days to receive tickets or worse, having to drive to an inconvenient designated pick up location away from the venue only to pay for last minute pick up service fees? Nothing instant or convenient about these options.

1. The Angels WILL NOT accept non-team issued or unauthenticated PDF of scans, photo images, or copies of paper tickets or ticket printouts.

2. Buyers using non-team issued or unauthenticated PDF tickets will be denied access into Angel Stadium, when the barcode fails to register.

3. Buyer will need to seek assistance from their origin of purchase. NO assistance will be available at Angel Stadium.

Buy direct from the Angels Ticket Exchange and avoid the uncertainty that your tickets will be valid or save yourself time and fees of having to wait for delivery of tickets. :ph34r: 

For those of you that purchased tickets from STUBHUB, this means YOU!!!  The Angels DENIED ENTRY TO ANYONE with a PDF printout that was purchased thru stubhub last night, and we were given notices that you had to get a refund from Stubhub. 

For those of you that purchased tickets from STUBHUB, this means YOU!!!  The Angels DENIED ENTRY TO ANYONE with a PDF printout that was purchased thru stubhub last night, and we were given notices that you had to get a refund from Stubhub. 

Angels are going to turn a lot of people off from buying any kind of tickets by doing this.