• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels - 4th Best Record In AL

Eric

Having not been able to pay any attention to anything other than work for the last while, I was shocked to check in on the Angels to find that they are 4th best in the AL.  Why was I shocked? Because I lurk in on this board every so often and had zero clue that this was the case until I found this little nugget buried deep in a thread. The best part was, with the activity of the "Fire Scioscia" thread in full bloom, I thought for sure the Angels were slipping (especially after hearing about the sweep at the hands of the A's the other day).

But 4th best record? How about a little props for the Angels?  Good job guys!

Yep. Every team out there has some weaknesses and fans tend to point to those for topics of conversation, rather than an atta boy thread like this. 

Outside of the opening Mariners series and the last series against the A's, this team has been really good this year. 

The nice thing about the Angels is they se to surge June-Sept each year. The fact they had a really good April/May could make this year very interesting.

My main concern though is Richards and Skaggs breaking down later in the year as their innings get high. Because we have zero reliable arms to give them a break later on .

Edited by Chimi

the reassuring thing this season is that even if the Angels never really take off and get to 95+ wins, there aren't many great teams in the AL.  Oakland. Detroit, and Toronto are all strong, but the Angels may very well be the best of the rest.  So many teams look like they're just going to dance around .500 for the season.  85-88 wins could be enough for a WC spot.b  Last year it took 92.

Nobody is really separating themselves yet this season. Looking at the standings the other day, I was surprised to see that there are only 3 team in the entire AL that are more than 1 or 2 games below .500. The 5 teams in the Central were separated by 5 games.

Teams are now building through drafts and their minor leagues, rather than FA. The only Pujols-like moves this year were for Tanaka, and Fielder, and only one is paying off....so in my mind that is why we are seeing more parity, for lack of a better term, in the AL now.

What this says to me is that competition for the WC spots are going to be fierce down the stretch, so separating from this huge bottleneck is going to be really important if a team wants to be fresh and without a bunch of burned out pitchers, going into the playoffs.

That's why BEATING THE A'S is so important. Learning that we can, and doing it...even if it is only a 3rd of the way through...

Is going to give us some confidence and swagger. We have to take this series, and continue to win series with the ALW.

IMO winning a WC spot this season is going to be tough, especially with young pitchers who haven't gone through a long

September yet. Wont do much good to win a WC and burn them out in the process. Winning the division is going to be paramount for any team wanting to go deep into the playoffs.

I don't give out props in June.

Let's see if we get to play meaningful games in October

Wow! 

You won't give props in June, but you will bitch and moan about the team/players Jan-Dec. 

Whatever happened to giving props when it's due and if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all?!?!

I don't mind venting when it's due, as much as I give props when they're warranted, but if all you're doing is chiming in on the negative, what value do you bring here? Reason a few members are banned for life from here and some others are on my radar. 

Fixed.

We get it dude. We see it with all your negative posts that you don't like the team and many facets of it.

Not every facet

I enjoy watching Aybar and Hamilton probably my 2 favorite Angels. Along with that enigma Richards.

That pretty much leaves many facets

as Brandon stated

I guess I have to be Rodger Lodge around here and be a halo honk.

Do I need to list reasons why I am an angel fan or something lol

I have an opinion just like everyone that has ever posted to a message board. You either like it, don't care, or disagree. It is what it is

They've kept their heads above water, while never really at any point having all cylinders firing.  Big time props for that.  After a little downswing in starting pitcher performance, the rotation looks back on track and if the MOTO can get rolling we can go on a nice little run.  It's going to be real hard to get that run going if Pujols continues being a black hole in the 3 spot.  I'd like to say I'm confident he can turn it around but I'm not seeing the adjustments necessary to do that.  

Wow, I guess now I understand why I cannot properly get a gauge on the Angels performance by simply looking at this message board thread titles.

For some of you, the fecal defecation meter is always cranked up to 11 and you bury the rest of the positive comments and thread titles in so much of it, that it's always rising to the top.

It's not always wine and roses, but by the same token, it's not always scorched earth either. Have some perspective guys.