• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bosch claims indicates benefits of PED use.

Michifan

The ESPN article about Bosch's comments on 60 minutes show that there is a clear benefit derived from those who have "enhanced." Actual benefits get called into question from time to time by those who wonder whether anything is actually achieved from such use. The relevant comments are in his descriptions of AFraud's remarks. He talks about AFraud's involvement in what he was taking, that he would carefully study the products trying to get maximum results and texted him after a 3 rbi day with a comment "Really good. Explosive." So what I see from that is that Rodriguez is able to recognize the results from a recent injection and recognize its results compared to others he'd had. He clearly believed in it enough to risk what has resulted and to pursue this program despite his known and acknowledged previous involvement.

Frankly the whole thing, and the fact he has never tested positive, makes me just very suspicious of most athletes, especially ones that seem to suddenly have improvement.

Here's the article http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10281957/alex-rodriguez-meticulous-peds-anthony-bosch-claims

Edited by Michifan

I think the testing protocols are biased toward the younger, less-talented guys, who make less money. 

Players like A-Rod have millions at their disposal to spend on undetectable PED's.  He also doesn't have much to lose in the grand scheme of things.  His lifetime earnings will total $353 million ... so he loses $25 million in a suspension, big deal. 

Gnar! Now it makes sense why MLB went out of their way for Bosch. Guy would probably be at the bottom of the Miami Harbor if he weren't protected. I find it interesting that Manfred said that the entourage of AROD and other players threatened Bosch. Curious who the other players were. Also makes sense why Manfred and not Selig was at the mediation trial. He was the one that personally collected the evidence. Selig only acted on the information gathered by Manfred and his investigators. There is more slime on ARod's lawyer than Saul Goodman.

What I learned from all of this. NEVER accept a free trip to Columbia.

The full 60 Minutes episode from January 12, 2014

There are a lot of stories summarizing what he said, including one from a Yankees fan site.

New York Daily News

PinstripeAlley.com

The Sporting News

Sports Illustrated

CBS Sports

Bleacher Report

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

DVR'd it last night and saw a few glimpses of the interview. i doubt anyone has ever confused Bosch with being a moral person.

those texts look pretty damning for arod.

I've seen people try to dismiss the allegations against Arod because Bosch is such an obvious slimeball.   Do people not understand that in order to cheat, defraud, and lie to the world, Bosch is exactly the sort of guy you need?   It's not like Arod could have enlisted the US Surgeon General to help him get over.  

Today comes news that Arod is naming the MLBPA in his suit against MLB.  So, the guy that talks up how he's doing this not only for himself but for other players so they never have to go through what he is going through is dragging them into the mess.  From a legal standpoint he seems to be positioning himself to argue that the entire system is corrupt -- apparently only Arod is clean.

DVR'd it last night and saw a few glimpses of the interview. i doubt anyone has ever confused Bosch with being a moral person.

those texts look pretty damning for arod.

I have to give Bosch credit. He says that had he not been caught, he would still be doing the same thing. I'm sure that is an honest statement.

It is clear that A-Roid was both purchasing and using PEDs. They even have texts from him to Bosch praising the bounce that he got from a particular mixture - and asking what he had for the next big night he had coming up.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Here is the lawsuit

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/ARODMLB01132014.pdf

So, if you do look at this -- scroll down to page 63 or so and read the actual ruling by the arbitrator..   Arod is basically F'd.  

The arbitrator acknowledges almost all of the Arod's complaints and defenses and blows them away by pointing out they really have no bearing on anything that's been aimed at him.  Basically he damn near comes out and says - yeah, Bosch is a creep, but it doesn't change the fact that you joined forces with this creep to try to get over.  The arbitrator fully acknowledges that MLB bought the files, but points out that Arod's people ALSO tried to buy the files and succeeded in buying others.  But maybe best of all -- Arod's defense is talking up not having been able to examine Bosch's Blackberry -- but at the same time, Arod was guilty of destroying his own Blackberry and cancelling his service to try to leave no trace of the record.

Also -- Arod's primary defense is that the SCIENCE proves he was was innocent -- the "Science" being the drug tests.  The ruling goes on to show that MLBs testing program didn't test for HGH from 2010-2012 and that Arod's regimine was designed to pass the test..   It's really rather comical.

A great read for anyone willing to take the time to go through it.

Edited by Inside Pitch

If you haven't seen the Bosch interview, you need to find a way to watch it.

Can't believe an associate of A-Rod potentially threatened to kill Bosch.

I also wonder what would have happened to him had he accepted the offer to go to Colombia and "lay low until this blows over". He would probably have never been seen again.

Watching the Bosch interview last night made it really obvious on how to prevent PED use.

Bosch said players are urine tested soon after games.  So, to avoid testing positive, the players (including A-Roid) are on strict PED intake schedules.  A-Roid would take his PEDs so they would peak during the game.  By the end of the game, all the PEDs in his system would be metabolized and undetectable.  

So the answer, to me, seems simple.  Test the players DURING the game.  Its simply a urine test.  There is plenty of time to take a piss while they wait to bat.  They should be tested soon before each game as well.  

Why doesn't MLB (and all other sports) do this?  

Edited by Dreams