• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which products are being killed by technology?

rad!

i must have this. 

my goal is to have my entire place full networked (lighting, audio, curtains, thermostat, smoke alarms, security, etc).

so far so good. 

thanks dude.

Same here! My goal is to have a smart home. I'm pretty obsessed with tech, and this stuff is absolutely amazing.

Are you worried about getting hacked? 

Alot of these products provide protection from hackers or thieves. At the very least, they provide an opportunity for immediate action in the event of theft/hacking (like the kevo).

My ex-girflriend's attempts at hacking my things has made me impervious to hacking. I've learned alot about protecting myself from getting hacked after that. 

Alot of these products provide protection from hackers or thieves. At the very least, they provide an opportunity for immediate action in the event of theft/hacking (like the kevo).

My ex-girflriend's attempts at hacking my things has made me impervious to hacking. I've learned alot about protecting myself from getting hacked after that. 

Whoa, your ex-girlfriend was a hacker?  This is a story I have to hear.

Whoa, your ex-girlfriend was a hacker?  This is a story I have to hear.

I don't want to give you the impression that she's intelligent--she's more stalkerish than anything. I meant hacked as in: she figured out my email password and then reset some of my account passwords (I foolishly used the same password for many things). After being notified about an outside login, I started to implement some safety measures like long, complex passwords and not using the same password for each account.

Apple's iCloud Keychain is amazing and I primarily use that now. It's pretty safe.

I think Mountain Dew drinkers will disappear in the next three to five years. That product is being killed by the technology of drinks that don't taste bad.

Sorry Tank.

I believe that they could reverse that trend if they started selling Baja Blast in stores. I'm convinced that it contains cocaine or something. That stuff is addictive - and I'm not a huge fan of soft drinks. Not sure when their exclusive agreement with Taco Bell expires.

Crazy stuff. This ensures that the tech will improve and become more mainstream. Google has been killing it recently. 

it also means google now knows everything you do online, PLUS your habits at home (when youre home, when youre away, when youre moving around at home, etc).

the nest has a motion detector.

still love mine though. but goog has gone beyond creepy privacy level. 

Edited by mrwicked

it also means google now knows everything you do online, PLUS your habits at home (when youre home, when youre away, when youre moving around at home, etc).

still love mine though. but good has gone beyond creepy privacy level.

I have no problems with Google knowing I enjoy 76°

still love mine though. but goog has gone beyond creepy privacy level. 

how long until the gov't decides to monitor google while they're monitoring us?

given the general lack of trust by our gov't in its citizenry, i don't think it will be very long.

how long until the gov't decides to monitor google while they're monitoring us?

given the general lack of trust by our gov't in its citizenry, i don't think it will be very long.

Yup.  Heck, there are probably some posters here that are actually working for the gov't and are monitoring us right now.  Yes, I'm referring to you Halothunder!