• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF North Korea [NSFW]

NrM

It is the most ****ed up country in the world, worse even than the Muslim nations. Its leaders are ****ed up, its people are ****ed up, and it is propped up and allowed to survive only because of the evil Chinese and Russians (two other ****ed up nations).

Be happy you are blessed enough to be American. I don't care what anyone says, this is the best nation on earth. And yet most of us take that for granted. Be happy that you live in a country run by decent men and women (even if you don't agree with their politics), and that you have more liberty and opportunity than just about anywhere else on this earth.

I don't believe they have capable nukes, or any ability to deliver them.  They have an antiquated military with antiquated equipment.  They have no money to sustain a war (and no money to buy the fuel necessary to run their antiquated equipment).  If done correctly, the South and the U.S. could wipe them off the map, conventionally, pretty damn quickly. 

I don't believe they have capable nukes, or any ability to deliver them.  They have an antiquated military with antiquated equipment.  They have no money to sustain a war (and no money to buy the fuel necessary to run their antiquated equipment).  If done correctly, the South and the U.S. could wipe them off the map, conventionally, pretty damn quickly. 

It's amazing to me that there are still people out there still so willing to go to war. 

I say gear up man.

I don't believe they have capable nukes, or any ability to deliver them. They have an antiquated military with antiquated equipment. They have no money to sustain a war (and no money to buy the fuel necessary to run their antiquated equipment). If done correctly, the South and the U.S. could wipe them off the map, conventionally, pretty damn quickly.

I don't know what a capable nuke is but they've tested nukes that exploded and shit just like every other nuke ever. They are at least as destructive as the nukes we dropped on Japan in WW2, possibly 2-4 times as powerful. That may not be much compared to the 50+ megaton bombs the US and Russia were developing a few decades ago but I'd be pretty pissed if Japan invaded Mexico and Mexico decided to drop a little 15 kiloton bomb on my front yard.

As far as a delivery system, they have scuds which can definitely make it to Japan as well as some systems that either haven't been publicly tested or publicly adapted to hold a nuclear weapon that could shoot an object as far as Guam, and possibly even Hawaii or Alaska. The problem with their delivery systems is they aren't smart like ours. Guam and Hawaii are pretty much completely safe because of that. And I wouldn't think Sarah Palin should be worried, either. It's just too far for them to guide it. But those scuds can definitely reach Japan with decent accuracy. And putting a nuke atop one isn't some huge challenge for them to overcome. I have no doubt that they could shoot a nuke to Japan today.

Edited by HaloMagic

North Korea might be able to fire off a nuke via scud or other delivery system, but I'd have to imagine the US and allies know exactly where these locations are. To avoid any type of nuclear response, they have to attack those locations first. They aren't Russia where you take out 3 launch pads and then they fire from the other 497. A well planned strike on the launch pads could cripple them in minutes and avoid any allied country being attacked.

Edited by Cory

Well they are on mobile platforms. So that means a couple of things. First, they could move one to an underground bunker that our conventional weapons couldn't penetrate. Maybe an old mine or a cave. You can't really do that with a launch pad. Second, in the hypothetical of the US knowing exactly where the launch sites are then yes, I'd feel a little bit at ease. But that hypothetical is exactly that, a hypothetical. And I'd be a lot more willing to believe it if their launching capability required launch pads and not mobile platforms. All they have to do is move it and hide it. There is zero chance we are tracking every North Korean scud launcher. And third, what if we bomb these sites and feel really good but then, uh oh. We missed one. Just one. But still one. Whoops.

Edited by HaloMagic

The problem with invading is not N. Korea, but China.  They're supported by China and is seen as their protector.  The US would have to get a nod of approval from the Chinese and I just don't see that happenning. 

No, the problem with invading anywhere is that we would be sending more young men and women to kill and be killed.

Never to be the same. The stakes better be damn friking high for that.

I've stood at the DMZ. It's not a pleasant place. The reality is that North Korea would collapse in days from defection and even they know that. So it's a guarantee that they would do whatever damage they could on the way down. At this point that damage is not worth the potential benefit in the minds of the powers that could make it happen.