• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coachella

They have always tried to be eclectic, but it seems even more so this year.

From down tempo post-rock Bonobo to old school punk with The Toy Dolls to folky acoustic with City and Colour/Anthony Green.

Probably still won't go. I have family that has a vacation home in Bermuda Dunes on the golf course and they say when this festival goes on it pretty much rocks a large radius that they even hear where they are at.

I see the Cult is on the list very far down.  I can't believe Lemmy is still breathing.  It might be my age speaking but the lineup doesn't really do it for me.  

I've generally felt that way the past few years, but the better half is into quite a bit of these bands/groups/artists so I can run through the list and know quite a few I wouldn't have known about the past few years....and they're pretty good.

Graveyard

Toy Dolls

Bad Manners

Pretty much the only bands I would care about. Seeing the trend for the last few years, I'll be seeing those three bands around the same time in smaller clubs in LA.

Yeah, we actually have been going to a few shows that the bands playing do around SoCal.

I almost went a year or two ago, I forget which year. I had it lined up to either borrow a nice RV and was just starting to ask friends and was going to do a party dealio or stay at the vacation home....then decided to just buy show tickets for the 2-3 bands that were playing in that free week in between both weekends.

Day 3 looks pretty bad. Any time Queens of the Stone Age are playing, I'm always wanting to go. The only big festival I have done was Lollapalooza and it was an exhausting 3 days

My last lollapalooz experience was in '92 when the Red Hot Chili Peppers headlined it at the Irvine Meadows.  Whoa, that was a long time ago.

When I lived out in Palm Springs, I used to go to this every year.  The lineups the last few years haven't been my cup of tea but this year doesn't look too bad.  Still, three days is too much for me.  I was over it after the two days it was previously.  I remember seeing Arcade Fire there one year on one of the small stages and now they're headlining.  I think the biggest one though was when I saw the Killers play in the small tent in front of maybe 100 people.  It was one of the first shows of the day and nobody even knew who the Killers were at the time.  Now they're huge.

And am I missing it or why is DJ Peretz not listed?  Perry Farrell doing his DJ set has been a staple at Coachella it seems.

Edited by Chimi

its 2 full weekends now - 6 days?

wow. i used to go ever year and it was always just two days.

first one with beck, tool and rage was so fun.

radiohead, pixes and the cure was a great year too.

Beck, radiohead, and the pixies. Sounds like a damn fine concert. Those were the glory days.

Now they have Outkast headlining

The year with the Cure, I thought Robert Smith was going to die on stage.  It was really hot that day and even though it was a night set, I don't think he was very used to the heat.  I remember his make up was literally melting off his face the entire time.  That may have been the same year the lead singer for Thursday collapsed on stage during the middle of their set.

The year with the Cure, I thought Robert Smith was going to die on stage.  It was really hot that day and even though it was a night set, I don't think he was very used to the heat.  I remember his make up was literally melting off his face the entire time.  That may have been the same year the lead singer for Thursday collapsed on stage during the middle of their set.

yeah i used to go every year, and that was definitely the most brutal heat wise.