• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

US Mens Olympic National Team announced.

Thomas

Forwards (14): David Backes, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan, Patrick Kane, Ryan Kesler, Phil Kessel, T.J. Oshie, Max Pacioretty, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Paul Stastny, Derek Stepan, James van Riemsdyk, Blake Wheeler

Defensemen (8): John Carlson, Justin Faulk, Cam Fowler, Paul Martin, Ryan McDonagh, Brooks Orpik, Kevin Shattenkirk, Ryan Suter

Goalies (3): Jimmy Howard, Ryan Miller, Jonathan Quick

When they showed the players being selected after the game today, my wife couldn't believe how short and uncoordinated the players were.

It took a little effort to convince her that those were kids wearing jerseys to represent the players selected, but she finally understood.

Per the ESPN article it sounds like they liked Wheeler for the lower lines but picked him over Saad because he has the flexibility to move up the lines in case of injury.

With the right line mates he could do some damage. He plays with Ladd and Little up here, those guys wouldn't be first liners on many other teams if any. Be interesting to see how he does though.

Monumental screw-up leaving Ben Bishop, Bobby Ryan, Keith Yandle and Dustin Byfuglien off.

Bishop has had a better season than Quick or Howard.
Ryan is a proven veteran goal-scorer.
Yandle and Byfuglien are above-average skaters on defense and able to join the attack, which you need on the wider Olympic rink size.

There's obviously bad blood between Bobby Ryan and Bryan Burke.  Not sure what went down, but I get the feeling that the feud has been going on longer than this closed doors comment by Burke about Bobby being "gutless".

I Just don't have very high hopes for team USA.  Especially when you look at Canada, who have pretty much all the great Canadian players of the past decade in their prime.  Unlike 2010, these players like Crosby, Getzlaf, and maybe Stamkos are in the peak of their careers.  They're most likely not going to be as good as they are right now, ever in their life.  Then I look at team USA, and it's just not as impressive.  Neither was, 2010, but unlike team Canada, in my opinion team USA looks worse than they did four years ago.  I could be wrong, but I'm just not expecting them to go deep in the playoff rounds.

I'm saying:

Gold: Canada

Silver: Russia

Bronze: Finland

4th: USA (maybe 5th with Sweden taking 4th)

Edited by Kenny

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...