• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MSNBC keeps sinking to new lows

I used to be quite fond of politics. Minored in political science, used to watch debates and speeches all the time from candidates of both parties heading into major elections. Any more, it has become more about why I shouldn't vote for a candidate rather than why I should. If all you have to offer me is trying to instill fear of your opponent, I'm not interested in what you're selling.

Elections are now a form of pick your poison

It's baffling to me how outraged all the news outlets are when Fox News does or says something stupid, as if a conservative viewpoint is so out of bounds. But yet, when one of their own does or says something equally as outrageous, there's hardly a peep from their own side.

They all blow.

Another equally baffling trend is the lack of local news.  Most of the "newscast" is about things that happened in other parts of the country that have no news significance whatsoever.  KCAL 9 in Los Angeles is the worst. 

It's baffling to me how outraged all the news outlets are when Fox News does or says something stupid, as if a conservative viewpoint is so out of bounds. But yet, when one of their own does or says something equally as outrageous, there's hardly a peep from their own side.

They all blow.

Your point is well taken. That said, to call what Fox broadcasts "news" is a stretch in and of itself. I have never seen them break a story. It's more like a 24-hour editorial comment channel. The other networks at least have what most people would call a news department and they make an effort to keep people informed on world affairs. Fox's broadcasts are almost entirely opinion.

Another equally baffling trend is the lack of local news.  Most of the "newscast" is about things that happened in other parts of the country that have no news significance whatsoever.  KCAL 9 in Los Angeles is the worst. 

Field reporting requires sending people to the field. Labor costs are to be avoided at every opportunity. 

Field reporting requires sending people to the field. Labor costs are to be avoided at every opportunity. 

Tonight they ran a segment about a woman who lost her grandmother's borrowed jewelry at Disneyland.  She thinks she left it in the bathroom. 

There's just no hope for local news if they're going to run pathetic lost and found stories such as this. 

Tonight they ran a segment about a woman who lost her grandmother's borrowed jewelry at Disneyland.  She thinks she left it in the bathroom. 

There's just no hope for local news if they're going to run pathetic lost and found stories such as this. 

Now I'm curious about what the hell one would do in a public restroom that requires jewelry removal. I really wish they had a hard-hitting investigative team.

There's a reason I only find myself watching and listening to BBC America and Al Jazeera English. It's sad when news companies outside of the United States broadcast better and more relevant national news than the national news companies themselves.

You're so sophisticated. Do you drink cappuccinos while you watch?