• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Toby Keith: "No guns in my restaurant"

I believe that is the point of the article. Although it is legal to carry in Virginia, Keith wants his place gun free. Just like if he declared it a smoke free restaraunt, it is tge owner's perogative how he runs his business. The rift is those that think gun advocacy means a person sets no limits on themselves or others in their place of business.

Aren't you arguing that your property rights trump my right to bare arms?

The way my high school civics teacher put it, your rights end where mine begin. Pack heat all you want in the confines of your own home, and any public areas where the law allows it. Leave it at home if you're coming to my place. Otherwise you can stay at home.

Besides, if you want to wear sleeveless shirts, that's your business.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I'm pro gun rights and I don't own one.  I wouldn't want anyone bringing a gun into my house either.

It's just as stupid to get mad at someone who doesn't want a gun on their property as it is to get mad at someoen who does.

The only issues for me are-

1.  It's a public place that falls under local/State laws.  I don't care enough to research the laws there to see if he's within his rights to trump open-carry or whatever the State law is.  And anyway, I agree that he has the right to refuse service in his establishment.

2.  If somebody has a CCW permit and wants to go to the restaurant, they probably wouldn't even know about it until a bad guy disrespects the rule by waving his gun around first.

I have found it necessary to impede a waiter/waitress to get their attention in the past, but usually just waving both hands in the air works just fine.  I've been on that side before though, so I cut them a lot of slack.

The only issues for me are-

1.  It's a public place that falls under local/State laws.  I don't care enough to research the laws there to see if he's within his rights to trump open-carry or whatever the State law is.  And anyway, I agree that he has the right to refuse service in his establishment.

From the original article:

It's legal in Virginia for people to go into bars and restaurants with a gun, but owners can opt out of the rule, as the singer has done at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill. 

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I think it is the only right choice for a business owner. I am sure there are very few shootings where guns are legal, but as an owner I wouldn't allow guns in my place. All it takes is for one guy to get shot in your business and you will be sued because of either allowing it, or not having security, oh and if you have security, you will be sued for not having enough security. Seems pretty logical to me.

I am a gun owner and a supporter of gun owner's rights but basic ethics of gun safety teaches you that firearms and alcohol do not mix. In fact nothing mixes well with alcohol. I'm sure that this has a lot to do with his decison to not allow them and I think it's reasonable.