• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OP ED: ObamaCare's Troubles Are Only Beginning

"In the nearer term, a political iceberg looms next year. Insurance companies usually submit proposed pricing to regulators in the summer, and the open enrollment period begins in the fall for plans starting Jan. 1. Businesses of all sizes that currently provide health care will have to offer ObamaCare's expensive, mandated benefits, or drop their plans and—except the smallest firms—pay a fine. Tens of millions of Americans with employer-provided health plans risk paying more for less, and losing their policies and doctors to more restrictive networks. The administration is desperately trying to delay employer-plan problems beyond the 2014 election to avoid this shock."

This could be horrible:

"On the supply side, medicine will become a far less attractive career for talented young people. More doctors will restrict practice or retire early rather than accept lower incomes and work conditions they did not anticipate. Already, many practices are closed to Medicaid recipients, some also to Medicare. The pace of innovation in drugs, medical devices and delivery is expected to slow significantly, as higher taxes and even rationing set in."

This could be horrible:

"On the supply side, medicine will become a far less attractive career for talented young people. More doctors will restrict practice or retire early rather than accept lower incomes and work conditions they did not anticipate. Already, many practices are closed to Medicaid recipients, some also to Medicare. The pace of innovation in drugs, medical devices and delivery is expected to slow significantly, as higher taxes and even rationing set in."

This is already happening.  My family practice doctor hung it up at age 59 because he didn't want to deal with the Obamacare requirements.

I have no idea where my insurance stands right now.  I was sent a letter from Anthem Blue Cross that my plan was to be eliminated Jan. 1, 2014.  Then the President said that was going to be delayed.  Or was it? 

I have not enrolled in ACA because it sounds like a total waste of time right now.  I'd rather sign up when it 'works' and not go through all the 'we don't have you enrolled' headaches.  Just too much to deal with. 

So, which is it?  I guess I'll know when/if I get another bill for insurance.  What a disaster!

At least the Patriot Act was blatantly terrible and almost everyone hated it. Obamacare is the Nickelback of legislation: it blows but still has its good share of fans for whatever reason.

What a crock of shit.  There is huge support for the Patriot Act by many morons both in politics and out.