• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kid gets away with murder because he's rich

Using prison as a form of punishment never really made sense to me. It's a good way to separate psychopaths from society, but how would it improve this kid's life? He has to live with the fact that he killed several people. That's punishment enough.

You have never been more wrong on this website, and that is saying a lot.

Using prison as a form of punishment never really made sense to me. It's a good way to separate psychopaths from society, but how would it improve this kid's life? He has to live with the fact that he killed several people. That's punishment enough.

so let's give him the privilege of roaming free. afterall, these people were probably going to die anyway.

maybe he can get drunk and kill some more people and as scrooge once famously said, he can decrease the surplus poplulation.

I'm not really concerned with improving his life, after he took four others by getting intoxicated and climbing behind the wheel.

Talk about a difference in parenting, at that age I believe my parents would have said "you get what you deserve" and let me rot in jail, even if they had the money to get me out. This kind of behavior just wouldn't be tolerated. And me growing up that way I guess I just don't understand parents that raise their kids this way.

And lets be honest, this is really no longer about what is best for him. 

This is about setting an example and handing out a punishment comparable to the irreversible damage he's caused to numerous innocent peoples lives.

Unfortunately it appears that is not going to happen. I have a feeling we'll be seeing this kid in the news again sometime in the future.

i wonder what the parents have talked about in trying to get their kid out of jail. certainly no parent wants their kid incarcerated, but what is their goal here? they don't want their kid to take responsibility for his actions because they have money will teach him what? do they want to keep him out of jail so they can be closer to him? i don't get what they want here.

i wonder what the parents have talked about in trying to get their kid out of jail. certainly no parent wants their kid incarcerated, but what is their goal here? they don't want their kid to take responsibility for his actions because they have money will teach him what? do they want to keep him out of jail so they can be closer to him? i don't get what they want here.

That's because you care. And people who care, too often lack the ability to understand those who can put their conscience on the shelf because they don't give a sh*t about others.

Couch's lawyers are recommending a $450,000-a-year rehabilitation facility in Newport Beach, Calif.

From what I know about situations like this, this kid would be coddled the whole time he was there, and he probably would not not required to participate in any kind of treatment. I worked in a facility where a female child television star (you would know her name immediately, but privacy laws prevent me from revealing it) was sent for drug rehab. She acted like and was treated like a star, she was allowed to sleep in instead of going to groups, and she was not required to participate in one-on-one therapy. Her hospitalization was basically just for show. I'm sure that this kid's would be, too. Facilities that charge $450K a year don't treat their clients like they're in boot camp. Probably not a lot of tough love in a place like that. He would be surrounded by the best of everything, which would only aggravate his "affluenza".

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

not so sure. knew an lapd officer that liked to get tanked (from her stories, they all did after work) and one night she blacked out on the freeway and crashed. her superiors showed and to try and extinguish backlash and got her into Betty Ford. it was one of the nicer places like that Malibu commercial and this Newport place. hers was 75k for about 3 months or so, I don't remember the term. but she was there with celebs like gerrard butler and while one would assume they are coddled she said it was hard and effective. she hated forking out the money, but said she would be dead the way she was drinking.

the Malibu one had a golf course, I think. bottom line is people need to want to change for any of these things to work....whether they are rich or poor.

my guess is he is was traumatized enough being a young age and killing people that will have an effect. who knows. for a lot of people, they can drink and drive....and most do continuously even with all situations and scenarios we see or know about. but they are bent on killing people and could just have a bad reaction one night and black out at the wheel. it's sadly a very bad lesson for some people.