• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Howie Kendrick

Kenbrents21

Not that I want to do this but I bet NY would love to have him at 8mil a year and we can get some minor league guys to flip to TB for Price? I know it would take more then that. We would have to part with some aswell. Howie is one of my fav guys, He has been better just about every year he plays. The only way I would move Howie. What do u guys think?

No one is interested in Howie, that's why he hasn't been traded yet. Go read Aiden Gonzalez column about him. Everyone in baseball except angels fans know he stinks.

The next positive thing you say about a player will be the first. If you don't see the value of a top 8 second baseman then you're hatred for him as blinded you to logic.

The next positive thing you say about a player will be the first. If you don't see the value of a top 8 second baseman then you're hatred for him as blinded you to logic.

I've said many positive things about Trout who is really the only one with positives last season.  I'm not the cheerleader type, everyone is different.  im sorry this bothers u so much.

No one is interested in Howie, that's why he hasn't been traded yet.  Go read Aiden Gonzalez column about him. Everyone in baseball except angels fans know he stinks.

YOU AND NINE OTHER FINALISTS HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR:

'DUMBEST POST OF THE YEAR!!!'

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED JANUARY 1ST, 2014

iF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PRESENT AT THE AWARDS CEREMONY,  PLEASE INDICATE WHETHER YOU WILL BE BRINGING A GUEST AND WHETHER YOU'D PREFER THE CHICKEN OR FISH!!!!

ON BEHALF OF ANGELSWIN.COM, THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!!!

I don't know about stinks, but I will say he isn't the bargain the Angels and their fans seem to think he is. He's a good player and gets paid accordingly. Is the contract a bit team friendly? Yes, but it would be moreso if it was for 2-3 more years. With only two years remaining, I can see why teams aren't lining up with trade offers that makes it worthwhile for the Angels.

From Aiden's column:

Of all Angels position players besides Peter Bourjos, who was already flipped to the Cardinals for Freese, Kendrick is by far the most likely to be traded. Problem is, the Angels haven't been able to get the cost-controlled pitching they seek in return. The Angels have offered Kendrick to the Blue Jays, Tigers and Royals, among others, to no avail. But they'll keep trying.

------------

Keep trying Jerry, kendrick is sadly the top 8 second baseman that no one wants for some mysterious reason.

From Aiden's column:

Of all Angels position players besides Peter Bourjos, who was already flipped to the Cardinals for Freese, Kendrick is by far the most likely to be traded. Problem is, the Angels haven't been able to get the cost-controlled pitching they seek in return. The Angels have offered Kendrick to the Blue Jays, Tigers and Royals, among others, to no avail. But they'll keep trying.

------------

Keep trying Jerry, kendrick is sadly the top 8 second baseman that no one wants for some mysterious reason.

So the Fish then?

I don't know about stinks, but I will say he isn't the bargain the Angels and their fans seem to think he is. He's a good player and gets paid accordingly. Is the contract a bit team friendly? Yes, but it would be moreso if it was for 2-3 more years. With only two years remaining, I can see why teams aren't lining up with trade offers that makes it worthwhile for the Angels.

If Tampa Bay expects/will get a boatload of top prospects for two years of David Price at a lot more money than Howie Kendrick, then I think we should expect to be able to get a back of the rotation starter for Howie.

(I'm not saying Howie Kendrick is on the same level as David Price)

I've said many positive things about Trout who is really the only one with positives last season. I'm not the cheerleader type, everyone is different. im sorry this bothers u so much.

Ok so you are the kind of fan that thinks players, or in this case player, are/is great or they suck. Absolutely pathetic. I love those kinds of people where there is no middle ground. I'm surprised Trout got your praise last year, because well he got out about 60% of the time. So CJ did nothing worth praise last year? Yes negative fans like you bother me, try some balance in your fandom, I promise it's better. Hell, I'm not even asking you to be like me, where I side way on the side of optimism. Try being like Doc or Mt, where they are critical and praise.

If Tampa Bay expects/will get a boatload of top prospects for two years of David Price at a lot more money than Howie Kendrick, then I think we should expect to be able to get a back of the rotation starter for Howie.

(I'm not saying Howie Kendrick is on the same level as David Price)

Apples and Oranges. If a 4 or 5 starter is what they are expecting back for Kendrick, they'd be better off keeping him.

I've said many positive things about Trout who is really the only one with positives last season.  I'm not the cheerleader type, everyone is different.  im sorry this bothers u so much.

I call BS. How can you like a player with a .250BA when the game was Late & Close! Definition of a choker.

Ok so you are the kind of fan that thinks players, or in this case player, are/is great or they suck. Absolutely pathetic. I love those kinds of people where there is no middle ground. I'm surprised Trout got your praise last year, because well he got out about 60% of the time. So CJ did nothing worth praise last year? Yes negative fans like you bother me, try some balance in your fandom, I promise it's better. Hell, I'm not even asking you to be like me, where I side way on the side of optimism. Try being like Doc or Mt, where they are critical and praise.

CJ had a good year, but he drove me crazy with his 3-2 counts to every single batter, and his tendency to have 8 run innings, then proceed to shut a team for the next 5.  And where was he last year when the team almost made the playoffs? Does he only pitch well when there is no pressure?

There is not a lot to be positive about.  I liked the old angel teams of bringing up guys from the minors and watching them progress.  Your right I dont like 95% of the players on this team, i just dont. Id rather see the young guys develop and prosper and if we suck, it's still fun to watch them give 100% effort.  But instead Arte keeps bringing in a bunch of overpaid babies who put very little effort out there while being paid more than all of us will make in our lifetime, and yet they still acquire the fandom of people like you when they dont deserve it.  Just because they have an angel uniform on...oh please.

CJ had a good year, but he drove me crazy with his 3-2 counts to every single batter, and his tendency to have 8 run innings, then proceed to shut a team for the next 5. And where was he last year when the team almost made the playoffs? Does he only pitch well when there is no pressure?

There is not a lot to be positive about. I liked the old angel teams of bringing up guys from the minors and watching them progress. Your right I dont like 95% of the players on this team, i just dont. Id rather see the young guys develop and prosper and if we suck, it's still fun to watch them give 100% effort. But instead Arte keeps bringing in a bunch of overpaid babies who put very little effort out there while being paid more than all of us will make in our lifetime, and yet they still acquire the fandom of people like you when they dont deserve it. Just because they have an angel uniform on...oh please.

These players didn't acquire my fandom, I just continue to be a fan. Hey props to you, if you hate 95% of the team and still have the commitment to spend your leisure time shitting on them, keep it up. No doubt that's a healthy way to spend your energy.

But instead Arte keeps bringing in a bunch of overpaid babies who put very little effort out there while being paid more than all of us will make in our lifetime, and yet they still acquire the fandom of people like you when they dont deserve it.  Just because they have an angel uniform on...oh please.

Well, yeah. That's part of being a fan. They might be "overpaid babies", as you put it, but they're OUR overpaid babies. Criticize all you want, but at least root for them and hope they succeed.

I don't notice you being that much more negative than any other people, but you do have a hatred for Kendrick that I feel is entirely odd and unjustified. The guy has managed a positive WAR in every season of his career despite playing a premium position. In fact, since 2009 he's averaged 3 WAR per season. That makes him one of the top 6-7 2nd basemen in the majors. He's incredibly consistent and despite being somewhat disappointing when compared to his projections, he is still an above average player at a tough position. Not many teams can say they have that. Whatever he has done to earn your contempt must have been something done off the field, because everyone who watches him play knows he is a solid player.

It depends. In my opinion, if it's a guy about to hit FA then no, but if it's a Garrett Richards type that's young, then yes.

Agreed, for a Garrett Richards type(young, under club control for 4+ year, with front of the rotation stuff) only would I trade Howie straight up. And I think that's a fair trade, because prospects rarely live up to their hype. That's not the reality of MLB though as these type of pitching prospects are highly prized, and the reason why I think Howie won't net that by himself.

Well, yeah. That's part of being a fan. They might be "overpaid babies", as you put it, but they're OUR overpaid babies. Criticize all you want, but at least root for them and hope they succeed.

I don't notice you being that much more negative than any other people, but you do have a hatred for Kendrick that I feel is entirely odd and unjustified. The guy has managed a positive WAR in every season of his career despite playing a premium position. In fact, since 2009 he's averaged 3 WAR per season. That makes him one of the top 6-7 2nd basemen in the majors. He's incredibly consistent and despite being somewhat disappointing when compared to his projections, he is still an above average player at a tough position. Not many teams can say they have that. Whatever he has done to earn your contempt must have been something done off the field, because everyone who watches him play knows he is a solid player.

I dont hate Kendrick, Im just sick of him.  How many times can a player make the same mistakes over and over again.  Runners on base: breaking ball, breaking ball, breaking ball swing and miss.....0-2 count - next pitch  (everyone but howie knows whats coming) - breaking ball swing and miss,

45 minutes later, same situations, same result.  He seems to completely lack the ability to adjust.

that's why he has a .328 avg with bases empty, .256 with men on

10 of his 13 homers were solo shots.

.216 avg with men on and 2 outs.

16 rally killing dp's last year in only 122 games.  60 dp's last 3 years.

at the end of the year he has good numbers, but he's not as productive as you guys think.

Edited by Marsaka

I dont hate Kendrick, Im just sick of him.  How many times can a player make the same mistakes over and over again.  Runners on base: breaking ball, breaking ball, breaking ball swing and miss.....0-2 count - next pitch  (everyone but howie knows whats coming) - breaking ball swing and miss,

45 minutes later, same situations, same result.  He seems to completely lack the ability to adjust.

that's why he has a .328 avg with bases empty, .256 with men on

10 of his 13 homers were solo shots.

.216 avg with men on and 2 outs.

16 rally killing dp's last year in only 122 games.  60 dp's last 3 years.

at the end of the year he has good numbers, but he's not as productive as you guys think.

He is as productive as we think. You love to exaggerate based on a handful of games that you've seen him do that because you don't like him. 

His career numbers with runs on base and with RISP are almost identical as his career numbers with nobody on base. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7746/situational/?season=career

YOU AND NINE OTHER FINALISTS HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR:

'DUMBEST POST OF THE YEAR!!!'

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED JANUARY 1ST, 2014

iF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PRESENT AT THE AWARDS CEREMONY, PLEASE INDICATE WHETHER YOU WILL BE BRINGING A GUEST AND WHETHER YOU'D PREFER THE CHICKEN OR FISH!!!!

ON BEHALF OF ANGELSWIN.COM, THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!!!

Captains Over and Murdoch suggest the chicken.

He is as productive as we think. You love to exaggerate based on a handful of games that you've seen him do that because you don't like him. 

His career numbers with runs on base and with RISP are almost identical as his career numbers with nobody on base. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7746/situational/?season=career

So your saying his career numbers are more accurate than his recent performances?  

Pitchers adjust.  if they see you hack at everything within 50 feet of the plate when runners are on base then they make a mental note and keep throwing garbage.  And that's exactly what happened last year.  Who cares about what happened 5 years ago lol.  Howie has been figured out, its just that simple.  Trade him now, if anyone is dumb enough to take him (which doesnt appear so)  and get something in return, please.

Edited by Marsaka