• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nationals acquire Doug Fister

Scott34

What does trading Fister for a bag of crap have to do with potential free agent signings? Getting rid of Fister doesn't even make sense from a payroll perspective because he's set to make a total of 15 million over the next two years.

Like Aggie said, I think they're going to be tight on money in the next 2 years. I agree that the trade sucks and he isn't making much. but if they plan to re-sign Scherzer and Cabrera AND sign a guy like Ellsbury or Choo, then they might need the money that Fister was getting paid. 

I don't agree with it but it may be possible that's why they traded him. Still stupid that they couldn't at least get Clippard or Rendon in the deal. 

Like Aggie said, I think they're going to be tight on money in the next 2 years. I agree that the trade sucks and he isn't making much. but if they plan to re-sign Scherzer and Cabrera AND sign a guy like Ellsbury or Choo, then they might need the money that Fister was getting paid. 

I don't agree with it but it may be possible that's why they traded him. Still stupid that they couldn't at least get Clippard or Rendon in the deal. 

The payroll concerns might explain why they would turn down something like the Kendrick for Fister deal, but it is awfully odd that they weren't able to get a better package of prospects/pre-arb guys.