• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nationals acquire Doug Fister

Scott34

it would be awesome to have a farm system. 

First World Problems...

It really sucked to see our GM try to help us win in landing Haren, Greinke, Frieri and losing draft picks to sign Pujols, WIlson and Hamilton at the time.

First World Problems...

It really sucked to see our GM try to help us win in landing Haren, Greinke, Frieri and losing draft picks to sign Pujols, WIlson and Hamilton at the time.

It's really sucked that none of those guys have been to the playoffs as Angels

Every gm tries to help their team win Chuck.  Some are better at it than others.

Did Chuck really just try to defend our completely destroyed farm system?

I mean, it's not really "whining". This system is a mess and that is a fact. We have literally no pieces to offer in a trade and most of the "depth" will be lucky to ever see a MLB game.

how dare you not bury your head in the sand!

Nationals 5:30pm The #Nats have acquired Doug Fister from the #Tigers in exchange for Steve Lombardozzi, Ian Krol & Robbie Ray

Yeah what the hell.

Getting younger, making room for Smiley in the rotation, adding a lefty arm to the rotation that can touch 95-96 and works at 93.  

They also clear up even more salary to keep Max. 

BTW, I am glad we didn't give up any more prospects to get Fister.  Also, we can't control what Detroit would accept in this deal.  If they turned down Kendrick for Fister, then they are f'n dumb as hell for accepting this current deal. 

Yep -- as annoyed as I am with what we haven't done, we can't assume anyone wants what we have in a trade.

Takes two to tango.

Did Chuck really just try to defend our completely destroyed farm system?

I mean, it's not really "whining". This system is a mess and that is a fact. We have literally no pieces to offer in a trade and most of the "depth" will be lucky to ever see a MLB game.

It's kinda silly because the Seahawks are playing so regardless Chuck was going to watch the game. I think what he is saying is that what Detroit and the Nats do has nothing to do with the Angels, so what is the point of being pissed at the Angels when these two teams make a trade.

It's kinda silly because the Seahawks are playing so regardless Chuck was going to watch the game. I think what he is saying is that what Detroit and the Nats do has nothing to do with the Angels, so what is the point of being pissed at the Angels when these two teams make a trade.

People will be upset because he was another starter we could've used and it looks like the Nats didn't give up much. 

I agree though, no reason to be upset because clearly they didn't want what we offered. I'm sure there were more trade proposals other than Howie for Fister. 

Thanks for clarifying that for me Scott.

But yeah, Go Seahawks!!!

This is seriously one of the worst trades in the past few years. 

Fister has been one of the top 15 pitchers in baseball the last 3 years. With 2 cheap years left on his deal, he should've netted at least a top 25 prospect in baseball and then some. 

Instead, the Tigers got a below average utility player, a LOOGY, and a decent pitching prospect. What are the Tigers thinking?

They must think they have a shot of signing Choo, Ellsbury or Cano, or possibly 2 of those 3 with these past 2 trades they have made. 

Edited by Angels_Baseball