• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tafta, Monsanta Mafia and big US Corp.

This has been my rant for years. The mega corps are almost sovereign in their ability to ignore the rules and shaft people then control the narrative and come out looking like victims. How does record DOW and record profit levels equate with high  unemployment and lack of full time work, hacking pensions, contract labor?

Would any conservative care to offer a rebuttle as to how and why they support the corporations' right to use genetically modified organisms to mass produce foods that may very likely adversely effect the status of their own health?   

Not to be argumentative, since I don't agree at all with the practice, but isn't there a liberal democrat in office right now?

I'm not a conservative. But couldn't you just not eat the food?

An intelligent and respectable response.  I try not to eat the food, but it's somewhat difficult.  The majority of the meat, dairy products, fruits, and vegetables that I have access to has been genetically modified.  Not all of it, but a lot of it.  I could, of course, buy exclusively from grocery stores like Mother's; but that food is expensive, and, unfortunately, I'm not rich.

Hope everything was spelled right.  I'm using my friend's computer.  Don't know how to run a spell check on a Mac.  Kinda worried about the words "exclusively" and "vegetable."  Something about them looks askew.  Fortunately spelling and common sense have relatively little to do with one another. 

Edited by saangels

What does that have to do with anything?  He's not a dictator. 

Then I would ask you why are you asking conservatives the question?    I'm just curious as to what it has to do with anything.  Why not just ask what people's opinions are about it instead of making it something partisan especially considering the liberal democrat president doesn't seem to have a problem with it.  

The reason I am asking conservatives to defend this issue is because it pertains to regulation of the free market.  

And who says that Obama doesn't have a problem with GMOs?  I mean, maybe he doesn't, but from where are you deriving this information?  

Edited by saangels

Just think back to high school English. It means "To buttle again".

If every spelling error on this message board became a topic of concern we wouldn't get beyond the first page on any issue.  It's a great way to dodge the question and change the subject though.  I'll give Bruce that much credit.    

The reason I am asking conservatives to defend this issue is because it pertains to regulation of the free market.  

And who says that Obama doesn't have a problem with GMOs?  I mean, maybe he doesn't, but where are you deriving this information?  

Ok, I think many spend too much time worrying about sides.

Regardless, I derive my opinion of Obama's point of view by his inaction.  Fair enough?

Ok, I think many spend too much time worrying about sides.

Regardless, I derive my opinion of Obama's point of view by his inaction.  Fair enough?

I think many spend too much time worrying about sides too.  Believe me, I harp on this topic more than anybody I know.  But to avoid discussing the fundamental principles that distinguish from one another our two current political parties would be ignorant.  They stand for certain things, republicans and democrats.  The politicians are all corrupt, but the philosophies don't have to be.      

Edited by saangels

Before you ask the question of , perhaps you should establish that conservatives are in fact supportive of corporations "right" to genetically modify food. Or we can try to slay the strawman I guess.

Again, it's a matter of regulating the free market.  Conservatives are opposed to regulating the free market.  The definition of a free market is: "an economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses."  Note the word unrestricted.  There are no extenuating circumstances.

You got a problem?  Take it up with the dictionary.  

Well again, you're asking conservatives specifically, more specifically conservatives here on this board. So you might want to establish that these conservatives are in fact for a true unrestricted free market. I don't think too many fall into that category. Conservatives in general aren't opposed to regulating the free market as a black and white issue. 

My girlfriend is highly against GMOs and thus got me to look into it a while back, mainly with the vote we had here in CA.

The simple answer to Chad's question is simply if GMOs didn't exist food would spoil too rapidly. Preservatives in general are needed on some level.

And since Chad is curious about a conservative thought process, maybe the cons here are curious as to a lib point of view on the fact that Obama hand picked Michael Taylor to be the head of the FDA, which you guessed it, was former vice president of Monsanto. Oh wait, there is more, as Obama even signed into law an act literally called the Monsanto Protection Act.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/monsanto-protection-act-signed-by-obama-gmo-bill-written-by-monsanto-signed-into-law

One could easily look at the list of Monsanto contributions as well.

Game. Set. Match.

I'm opposed to the abundance of gmo's in our fiord supply. I'm even more opposed to the bill our dear leader signed giving them ridiculous amounts of protection, consequences be damned.

You tie together unsafe food and gov't run healthcare and you've got yourself a country where govt control goes way, way beyond our rights.

My girlfriend is highly against GMOs and thus got me to look into it a while back, mainly with the vote we had here in CA.

The simple answer to Chad's question is simply if GMOs didn't exist food would spoil too rapidly. Preservatives in general are needed on some level.

And since Chad is curious about a conservative thought process, maybe the cons here are curious as to a lib point of view on the fact that Obama hand picked Michael Taylor to be the head of the FDA, which you guessed it, was former vice president of Monsanto. Oh wait, there is more, as Obama even signed into law an act literally called the Monsanto Protection Act.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/monsanto-protection-act-signed-by-obama-gmo-bill-written-by-monsanto-signed-into-law

One could easily look at the list of Monsanto contributions as well.

Game. Set. Match.

It's actually called Farmer Assurance Provision, but Monsanto Protection Act is more accurate.