• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Trumbo to San Diego

IowaAngels27

They have the pitching that can help us out immediately, in guys like Andrew Cashner and Cory Luebke.  I feel like we can get one of those guys and than add on maybe another young pitcher in Max Fried or Matthew Wisler and maybe even a near ready catcher in Austin Meadows.  The number one priority is saving money for Trouty, and I feel that Cashner and Luebke aren't too expensive and we even can get some depth in our farm system.  Any thoughts or other options?

They have the pitching that can help us out immediately, in guys like Andrew Cashner and Cory Luebke.  I feel like we can get one of those guys and than add on maybe another young pitcher in Max Fried or Matthew Wisler and maybe even a near ready catcher in Austin Meadows.  The number one priority is saving money for Trouty, and I feel that Cashner and Luebke aren't too expensive and we even can get some depth in our farm system.  Any thoughts or other options?

Iowa I will direct you my article I wrote here for my thoughts on a Padres trade: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/8628-hot-stove-trade-speculation-the-complete-reboot/

They certainly are a team that we could match up with in trade.

I think you mean Austin Hedges. Him, I like.

However, I really doubt Trumbo gets more than one player (and Trumbo alone does not get us Cashner or Luebke, IMO).

i live in san diego, and i can tell you for certain san diego will not trade cashner or luebke. they feel that cashner is like the next coming of randy johnson, which he's not, and luebke has the potential to be really special. also, tyson ross sucks. you would be massively disappointed in what you got if the angels acquired him.

Wouldn't be interested in Luebke and the Padres most certainly wouldn't deal Cashner for him.  

I'd love to see Mark in San Diego.  That team just needs some offense.  Bud Black puts a good pitching staff together every year.  Easy team to root for.  But I think if you can get Trumbo, Gyorko, Headley, Quentin, Cabrera and Veneable all in the same lineup, it should be a step in the right direction. 

Why would the Padres want Trumbo? It's not like they are one power hitter away from anything. Ideal fit to trade Trumbo is a good team with excess pitching needing power, a good team with a deep farm, or bad team with a high salaried player we like. 

Sounds like you contradicted yourself there turbo.  The Padres have excess pitching with prospects and need power, considering they were 21st in the league with 146 home runs.  Always check your stats before you post something.

Sounds like you contradicted yourself there turbo.  The Padres have excess pitching with prospects and need power, considering they were 21st in the league with 146 home runs.  Always check your stats before you post something.

he didn't contradict himself at all.  the padres suck.  why would they trade a pitcher for a hitter about to get to arb?  

Actually you need to read more carefully. Padres are not a good team. A good team would trade away pitching prospects for a proven power hitter because they want to win. A bad team would not trade pitching prospects for a proven power hitter because they will still lose, the proven power hitter will become expensive quickly, and inexpensive pitching is not something bad teams trade away. Bam roasted.  

Actually you need to read more carefully. Padres are not a good team. A good team would trade away pitching prospects for a proven power hitter because they want to win. A bad team would not trade pitching prospects for a proven power hitter because they will still lose, the proven power hitter will become expensive quickly, and inexpensive pitching is not something bad teams trade away. Bam roasted.  

Considering the Padres only had two less wins than the Angels, does that make us a bad team?  Why don't the Angels follow this philosophy if they only win 78 games a year?  Obviously joking, but the Padres could use the power and have what we can use in excess pitching.  Seems like a decent trade on both sides.

Considering the Padres only had two less wins than the Angels, does that make us a bad team?  Why don't the Angels follow this philosophy if they only win 78 games a year?  Obviously joking, but the Padres could use the power and have what we can use in excess pitching.  Seems like a decent trade on both sides.

Yes we are a bad team, We were third place in a division with the Astros. We are a high payroll bad team. Our hope is Pujols / Hamilton will rebound.