• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greinke

Ohtaniland

I seem to remember Greinke saying he liked NL ball better. He also wanted to be paid. That adds up to only one team right now. Zack is pitching well right now but I agree with Cali, he is a product of a great run by the dodgers. This dodger team is going to implode. Just not sure if it will be this year or not. They have players that signed based on the money( Greinke, Crawford) and some fragile egos( Crawford, Greinke, puig, Hanley) I just don't see this as a winning team for a long haul. Kasten seems to think an NBA formula works on a diamond. It is about team not superstars in MLB.

Grienke not resigning killed us. But there's no way we were gonna outspend the dodgers last off season.

They're not gonna spend like this forever though. That was like arte in 2004. They needed to bring the fans back after mccourt.

In another two years (and I've said this before), a lot of their moves will be as bad as ours.

Yeah, were stuck with pujols and hamilton. Theyre stuck w crawford, ethier, agon, and kemp for at least 4 years after this (more for kemp and agon). Yes, they're better now. But none are getting younger, and none are cheap.

Figure that core in 2 years, when kershaw is resigned and they're paying 300 mill a year....

They have a shot to go all the way (maybe next year too). But if that window closes, they're gonna be the current yanks/phills.

Greinke is absolutely a upper tier starter. I just think he benefitted from solid play around him. He contributed as well. It also helps to pitch to an opposing pitcher 80% of the time. He pitched well for the Angels last year even if his numbers didn't exactly show it. He has had episodes in his career when he has sort of tightened up being on a big stage and all. The dodgers had magic going on the second half. He benefitted from that. But I think a lot of other pitchers would have had similar numbers. I am not a stat geek I just know what I watched. Not very scientific. The Dodgers overpaid for zack in my opinion.

Grienke not resigning killed us. But there's no way we were gonna outspend the dodgers last off season.

They're not gonna spend like this forever though. That was like arte in 2004. They needed to bring the fans back after mccourt.

In another two years (and I've said this before), a lot of their moves will be as bad as ours.

Yeah, were stuck with pujols and hamilton. Theyre stuck w crawford, ethier, agon, and kemp for at least 4 years after this (more for kemp and agon). Yes, they're better now. But none are getting younger, and none are cheap.

Figure that core in 2 years, when kershaw is resigned and they're paying 300 mill a year....

They have a shot to go all the way (maybe next year too). But if that window closes, they're gonna be the current yanks/phills.

But it's fair to say that their risky decisions have fared much better than our risky decisions. They're legit contenders to go all the way. We're not there yet. 

Don't forget that we traded our top prospect for half a season of him.

In hindsight, this is the what I regret the most. Also, we have a terrible track record when it comes to players we rent signing with us the following season. Not sure why that is? 

Edited by Jim

We got about the same amount of strikeouts from Hamilton as we would have from Greinke.

Well at least the Dodgers got the same amount of significantly more offenisve WAR from Greinke than we did from from Hamiltlon.  B)

...oh wait that's bad  :o

Edited by AZMike