• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I am happy for the Dodgers success so far...

My worst nightmare is a Dodgers/Red Sox WS or a Dodgers/A's WS.

I have a question... I often hear people say that the iDodgers playing well and winning is good for baseball. How is it good for baseball? I'm not being sarcastic... I'd really like someone to explain it.

Marketing beer sales to the nations largest Hispanic market.

My worst nightmare is a Dodgers/Red Sox WS or a Dodgers/A's WS.

I have a question... I often hear people say that the Dodgers playing well and winning is good for baseball. How is it good for baseball?  I'm not being sarcastic... I'd really like someone to explain it.

Pretty simple. When the major markets are involved in the playoffs/World Series, more people watch and pay attention.  Higher ratings, bigger ad sales, more money.

The NBA and NHL are the same.  Only sport where it doesn't come into play is the NFL, which people watch in huge numbers regardless of who's playing.

In fact, im kind of hoping they make the world series.  I have decided to let go of my previous dislike for the Dogs and support them because i feel it can only benefit the Angels.  First off I dont like the Braves and never have.  Secondly the Dodgers have quite a few players who I have always liked watching such as Hanley and AGon. 

And most importantly I feel that the Dodgers making some noise and perhaps winning a world series will motivate the Angels front office to not make completely idiotic decisions.  I think if Arte sees the Dodgers living out his dream right here in Southern California, he might stop making bonehead signings and try to put together a real complete baseball team with great pitching..  And maybe, just maybe, we wont have to watch a guy like Joe Blanton get a spot in the rotation because of the front offices incompetence.

100% agreed. Up to the part where you said you support the Dodgers.

You're reaching AO ... this could be said about the Angels or any team for that matter.

I agree with AO.

Their pitching is legit (though ryu might regress). Nolasco is having a spike year, kudos to them for grabbing him.

But bat wise....hanleys year is way outside of his last 4 years. Uribe also has jumped up this year. Maybe they fixed some things, who knows. But banking on spike years the following year is always risky

I don't mind the Dodgers. Grew up watching them and Kevin Gross's mustache. I don't have the hate others here do and think it's cool for friends that like the team.

Not partial to their fans, but we have assholes too.

If not the Pirates I'd like a west coast team to win it.

I just want to make sure that you saw that Troll Daddy liked this :)

I'm rooting for the Dodgers because why not? Our team sucks and wanting the Dodgers to choke isn't going to change that. Also, while the Dodgers have some dbag fans it makes up for it when they have players like Kershaw, Eithier and Wilson whom I've always liked. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates either. As far as AL goes, I hate the Tigers, A's and especially the Red Sox so I'm hoping for any of the remaining NL teams now that the Rays are out.

I have decided to let go of my previous dislike for the Dogs and support them because i feel it can only benefit the Angels.

That is some bologna subjective bandwagon logic if I've ever heard it.

I wonder what it's like just being able to hop on the coattails of success when a team starts to play well? You know, disregarding what a joke the Dodgers organization and its fans have been for the past 2 decades. I wonder what its like not having a problem cherry picking what good teams to root for year to year, and finding ways to justify this and that. In some ways I guess its because I'm envious that I just can't let go of the A with the halo over it.

But then I sit back and think the other way. The feeling of winning after sticking it out for so long really makes it all worth it. And I guess that's something some people just aren't willing to wait for.

You're really only fooling yourself.

That is some bologna subjective bandwagon logic if I've ever heard it.

I wonder what it's like just being able to hop on the coattails of success when a team starts to play well? You know, disregarding what a joke the Dodgers organization and its fans have been for the past 2 decades. I wonder what its like not having a problem cherry picking what good teams to root for year to year, and finding ways to justify this and that. In some ways I guess its because I'm envious that I just can't let go of the A with the halo over it.

But then I sit back and think the other way. The feeling of winning after sticking it out for so long really makes it all worth it. And I guess that's something some people just aren't willing to wait for.

You're really only fooling yourself.

Strong generalizations.  Every fan base has its share of garbage fans.  In fact ive seen quite a few of them on this very site when it comes to the Angels.  Like the people on this site who celebrate Derk Jeter's injury out of spite. 

Even if the Dogs win the series, I dont worry about their fans.  Im more worried about what the Angels will do to get back on top, if anything it will only make Arte crazier about getting that ring, maybe hel put a little more thought into some decisions and we wont have to live with guys like Vernon Wells, Joe Blanton, Fernando Rodney, Jeff Mathis, etc. getting key roster spots year after year. 

• 2 weeks later...